SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 98 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/447308-morning-gratitude-part-98-a.html)

sunpengwn 06-10-2020 07:28 AM

Grateful for the sunshine today as it will be another HOT one.....
Grateful for the coffee...
Grateful for SR....
Grateful for Serenity...
Grateful for Hope and Peace...
Grateful for this nice day....:c011:
:ham3

Fearlessat50 06-10-2020 09:59 AM

Grateful for all the good stuff
Grateful for financial security. Grateful that long ago I started saving for a rainy day and Mr F did too
Grateful for my home
Grateful for my health and that of my family
Grateful for my job
Grateful for resiliency
Grateful for options
Grateful to adjust expectations and priorities
Grateful to love and be loved
Grateful for kindness
Grateful for new beginnings

least 06-10-2020 10:11 AM

Grateful for a long walk with Billie before it gets any hotter. :) Grateful that the plumber is on his way!! :)

courage2 06-10-2020 11:19 AM

Grateful for all the things that are none of my damn business. ;)

Hevyn 06-10-2020 02:51 PM

Erratic - good to see you :)
Anaya - I hope the interview goes great tomorrow morning.
Fearless - Hev didn't save for a rainy day & now regrets it dearly. :yup:
Numb - I had a 3am wakeup too. What is it about that hour of the morning?
Grateful for the friendship I shared for 58 yrs. with a non-judgmental, kind & supportive person. She passed away early this morning due to multiple health issues including a splenic aneurysm.
Grateful to have this special place to come to for uplifting thoughts.
Grateful for a beautiful ride today around the Cornell Univ. campus & botanic gardens. Helped clear my head.
Grateful to still be 'above ground' as Numblady mentioned. :)

Alysheba 06-10-2020 03:30 PM

I'm so sorry about your friend, Hevyn. :hug:

Erratic 06-10-2020 09:41 PM

sry to hear about ur friend hevyn

grateful to be up early for work this morn
grateful ti be hangover free and smoke free
grateful for you all here and the welcome backs
grateful to have daisy as a friend x and ofcause of you all aswell xx
grateful for my cup of tea
grateful that for my family
grateful that i have holidays coming up and hoping that i get to see new gson when born x

have a good day all xxx

Mags1 06-10-2020 10:46 PM

Hev, so sorry tor friend passed. :hug:

Grateful for my coffee this morning.
Grateful for my furry friends.
Grateful for all of you being here. :grouphug:
Grateful I’m enjoying the journey on this sober road.:yup:

FBL 06-11-2020 03:29 AM

Hev, condolences on your friend.

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 06-11-2020 04:12 AM

Grateful for the 58 years of friendship Hev shared with her friend. But still also sorry she passed away.
Grateful to see Erratic.
Grateful to get my hair cut and see my old friend/stylist. I met him through my husband back when we were dating but i ended up staying closer to him than my husband did. We used to spend Sunday afternoons “scrapbooking” which really meant we were mostly just organizing pics and doing crap we otherwise put off together. He’d set me up with a little table and at least for many of the times we would drink wine out of these tiny little glasses that were his mom’s. I definitely felt like the cups got emptied so fast there was almost no point in drinking out of them. I remember debating between drinking extra before going over there or just skipping it altogether because I couldn’t really drink as fast or as much as I wanted. I miss the hangout part and the luxury of doing things that aren’t work if I get a moment. But I sure am glad to be past the panic of wanting to be able to chug wine but not being able to in polite company.
Grateful for Courage’s pithy and rich one-liners.
Grateful to finally see Avatar. Didn’t realize it was like ten years old. I am really out of it on popular culture! I have thoughts that are probably too political for this forum but glad it got me thinking anyhow.
Grateful for my well fed cats.
Grateful for all of you and this place.

PalmerSage 06-11-2020 04:57 AM

Grateful for coffee - day 2 of "only" sweetened creamer - it's not as good but it's still coffee after all. ;)
Grateful that my cleaning service is coming tomorrow. So much pre-work to do to get organized, but it's still my favorite luxury!
Grateful that I'm able to work with the TV in the background.
Grateful that my new work department is being thoughtful about some continued telework beyond Covid.
Grateful for the silver lining of this "reset" period, both personally and professionally.
Grateful that I don't have very young kids at home when I'm also trying to work (and people who are homeschooling on top of all THAT? Heroes).
Grateful my kids' grades came out OK in the end.
Grateful to be sober, and to not have all the exhausting work that goes with being a secret, active alcoholic.
Grateful for everyone here on SR.

Fearlessat50 06-11-2020 06:31 AM

Least, glad your plumber is coming out! Hope everything is back in working order soon
Hev, I’m really sorry about your friend
Palmer, really enjoyed your post
Courage, as always thanks for that burst of wisdom. I seriously needed that today and ai need to remind myself regularly
numblady, I’m getting my hair done today too. Yay! First time having a hair appt in my garage. Salons are not yet open here. Btw, that movie Avatar was so amazing!
Grateful for all the teachers at sonny boys school who made their final day as special as possible considering the circumstances
Grateful for some supplies my work is giving us for free because of downsizing office space. I need all the free stuff I can get!
Grateful to work really really really hard at shedding negative thoughts. My big goal for today!

sunpengwn 06-11-2020 07:23 AM

Grateful for another HOT day today.. hope this is the last for a couple days....:ham3
Grateful to just be here to post...
Grateful for another sunny day...
Grateful for Courage...
Grateful for SR.... :vg
Grateful for my home and the beautiful place I live in the quiet place on the mountain side away from town..... with all the wild animals.....:bunny5: :fish: :puppy:
Grateful for all of you guys .....:grouphug:

Rusty Zipper 06-11-2020 08:17 AM

my condolences hev

grateful yesterdays treatment went ok

grateful for so far so good

least 06-11-2020 09:20 AM

Grateful that Billie's sweet face is the first thing I see when I wake up. :) Grateful that it's not too hot to take Billie for a long walk. :) Grateful to be sober. :)

Hevyn 06-11-2020 09:26 AM

Thank you, everyone. Just going to take a little break today. Grateful for this welcoming place to come to. :grouphug:

Alysheba 06-11-2020 09:32 AM

Grateful to be here. Rusty prayers your treatment is going well and you are having better luck with the side effects. :hug:
Grateful for my friends here and the wonderful support we give each other.
Hev, take care of yourself, so very sorry.
Grateful for a quiet morning and hopefully a quiet day. :grouphug::v8

least 06-11-2020 11:46 AM

Grateful that my health insurance provides transportation to medical appts. :)

courage2 06-11-2020 02:50 PM

I hope your treatment goes well, Rusty.

((Hevyn)) how hard it is to lose a friend!

Grateful that my will isn't the only one. What a disaster that would be!

NewChapterJan18 06-11-2020 03:18 PM

Hev so sorry to hear about your friend but happy for the friendship you shared. Sending you a huge hug 💜