SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude Prayer (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/33499-bedtime-gratitude-prayer.html)

hopealwayz 09-26-2005 10:23 AM

Yes, it is developmental psych. Lots of information but it is very interesting!

Love,
C

eddie z. 09-26-2005 04:19 PM

Cool, C!! I was actually a psych major for a little while back in the '80s.

I am grateful to have gotten out of work before six on a Monday.

And I am grateful that it is finally raining!! We really need it.

Love and hugs,
Eddie :brain

Richie 09-26-2005 05:01 PM

Hi Eddie,Cheryl,and Danielle,
I thought we were going to get some rain here but it hasn't shown up yet.I have been faithfully watering Kingsley(our new pear tree) every day.The rest of the yard is pretty brownish these days.
I am glad you are all doing well.When I got home from work today my daughter Wendy had supper on the table and a strawberry cake for desert(with fresh strawberries on it).Needless to say,I am stuffed again. :rolleyes:
I hope you all have a great week.
God bless.

eddie z. 09-27-2005 04:43 AM

Mmm...strawberries! :yumyum:

Love and hugs,

squirrelly77 09-27-2005 01:12 PM

Hey all....

Ya know, getting back into the whole acadamia lifestyle always takes me awhile. I'm grateful that I just slid by on passing that Anatomy exam. The first exam is always the hardest because you don't know how the professor tests. I took that class my Junior year in HS and I got an "A". So, I'm expecting to get at least a B in this class. Which I will...d@mmit! :)
Yep, Eddie...lot's and lot's of memorization. But, it's all comming back to me.
I'm also taking a Psych class this semester--it's called Life Span Development. It's another "review" course for me. I was a Psych major too, back in the very beginning. Funny how my Chemistry class is the one class I'm doing the best in, as far as exam grades go...and I have NEVER taken Chemistry before. I'm not a huge fan of math-based sciences. I'm much better at the biological kind. Buuuuut...this is my dream. And, no matter how much my alcoholic brain likes to squash my dreams into flat pancakes...I know that God is with me every step of the way--helping me to remove any fear from my mind. Now if I could just get my big, fat happy head outta the way--it would make the job much easier to do! *LOL*
Hope everyone is doing well! I haven't been to SR that much now that I'm in school full-time. But, I check in from time to time to see how everyone is. So, if I don't post as much as the year goes by, just know that I'm around...doing great...working hard...and thinking about all my friends here!

Love,
Danielle

eddie z. 09-28-2005 04:53 AM

Thank you for sharing, Danielle!! And best wishes in your schoolwork, too!! Are you enjoying chemistry in addition to doing well in it? I found it fascinating.

Grateful this morning for my home group. I've actually been to both meetings in the past week. LOL. And I enjoy seeing all my buds. I probably need to chair sometime. Hmm...

And so grateful for my job still! I got to do some more dosing work yesterday and I hope to learn more new stuff today. I hope to check in with more news tonight, but now I have to go!

Love and hugs,

squirrelly77 09-28-2005 09:54 AM

Hey EZ--

Good to hear you're enjoying your job, and thanks for your encouragement.
Chemistry...hmmm...yeah, I guess it's okay. The teacher is really passionate about it, which always makes the class better. I really enjoyed my Anatomy class in High School, but the teacher is so...ugh...dry or something. I can tell he'd rather be somewhere other than teaching an introductory class to a bunch of undergrads--which kinda sux. But, oh well...I just really hope to do much, much better as the year goes by.
It's funny because I was talking to another friend of mine in the program after I posted here yesterday and I told her I had another "ah-ha" moment after taking that Anatomy exam. Yeah...I'm disappointed in myself because I wasn't doing the right thing by studying hard and doing whatever it took to do well...and a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm powerless over my own thinking. As an alcoholic, I'm also a self-sabotager (which I'm sure a lot of people can relate to) because I'm afraid of my own success and happiness...and I will do things that will make my life even harder to manage, as long as I keep stuck in my head. This is where I need my HP to remove any fear I have and to HELP me with the management of my life--because *I* certainly can't. So, I definitely need to start praying more for the power to go to class every day, pay attention, study and do all the necessary things for my dream to materialize. I know that this is ultimately God's plan for me--to become a nurse--and in doing so my own happiness will be a by-product of becomming of maximum service to my fellow human beings.
Oh yeah...a big ''AH-HA"!!!

Love y'all,
:) Danielle :)

eddie z. 09-28-2005 06:22 PM

Thank you, Danielle!! I glad I'm enjoying it, too. LOL. You know, I supposedly have ADHD or something and my medications have my a HUGE difference in my ability to study and read. So tonight I am grateful for my Strattera and Wellbutrin!

And for another beautiful dahlia opening up. This particular plant hadn't bloomed before. It produced a spectacular white blossom which can be seen on the Gardening thread on the General Recovery forum (unless it's been moved like the Party thread).

Love and hugs,

Richie 09-29-2005 04:35 PM

Hi Eddie,Danielle,and Cheryl,
It's being a long week at work but I'm glad tomorrow's Friday.And tonight a cold front is moving in.I love this time of year.
I watched the new Family Guy movie on dvd last night.As you might know,Stewie is my hero. :lmao
Have a good evening everyone!
God bless.

eddie z. 09-29-2005 05:24 PM

I didn't even know there was a Family Guy movie.

Tonight I'm grateful for the fact that I am sleeping well regularly and not sleeping too much. So many of us have difficulty with that and I often take it for granted myself.

And grateful in advance that I will get my first full paycheck tomorrow!! I haven't gotten a whole paycheck in years. Whoo-hoo!! It's gonna be fat, too.

Love and hugs,

P.S. Wish me well on my psych pharm exam which is on Saturday!

Richie 10-01-2005 11:08 AM

I hope you did well on your exam today,Eddie.
So did you splurge on a new Clash album with that fat paycheck?
:e12i

eddie z. 10-02-2005 12:45 PM

Thank you, Richie!! No, I have gone CD shopping just yet.

But...today I am grateful that my big exam is over with and that I probably passed it!! It is such a relief not to have to worry about it anymore. Now I can get on with my Ninth Step!

I am also grateful for being able to buy some more overpriced tanning lotion and getting to use it. I hadn't tanned in a whole week! LOL.

Love and hugs,

Lbad 10-03-2005 08:20 AM

Hi Eddie,
First I want to say that I LOVE your new picture! :) You look so happy. Second try try try as I might I could not find the picture of your dahlia. I looked everywhere. Could you link it? I would be grateful. :)

squirrelly77 10-03-2005 09:00 AM

***Look away Richie...for this next line is for Eddie only!***

:) Just kidding!!!

I'm grateful that I was able to catch up on my sleep over the weekend, but totally not grateful for the impending visit from Aunt Flo.

Time to drown myself in some pumpkin ice cream (weird, how I don't automatically reach for the nearest chocolate bar) and maybe I'll rent that Family Guy movie.

Need lots'o'laughs for the next couple days.

Grrr....weeeeepy....grrrr....weeeeepy!

Big sigh,

Danielle

Richie 10-03-2005 03:43 PM

I'm sorry I looked,Danielle!I hope you enjoy the Family Guy movie anyway. :13:
Eddie,I'm glad your exam went well. :)
My big fat cat Max is in my room with me licking his bottom.I believe it was Gallagher who said they should make butt flavored cat food. :rolleyes:
God bless.

eddie z. 10-03-2005 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Richie
they should make butt flavored cat food.

:Lmao My vet's office has a poster of a cat doing that sort of thing and it's called "cat yoga." LOL.

Gardening thread is where the dahlia pictures are.

I am grateful that I got up early enough to exercise before work this morning.

And I am grateful for a good busy day that flew by although we were there until after six.

Love and hugs,

eddie z. 10-04-2005 06:12 PM

I am grateful to be trusted! I will be on call for the pharmacy this weekend. It's a little scary actually.

And I am grateful that I finally replaced some of my Clash CDs, namely London Calling and the first album. I went on a little shopping spree at lunch today.

Love and hugs,

Richie 10-05-2005 04:02 PM

That's great,Eddie!I am glad you got some of your Clash replaced.I was watching Conan O'brien the other night and the house band(Max Weinberg 7) was actually playing Spanish Bombs when they came back from commercial break.
God bless.

eddie z. 10-06-2005 05:57 AM

That's cool!! Now I just need to dig my CD player out from under the pile of trash in my car. LOL.

Love and hugs,

hopealwayz 10-06-2005 03:54 PM

Hi Eddie, Richie, and Danielle!

Eddie, I'm glad that you are getting your collection back together. Now it is time to jam to some good tunes.

I'm grateful today that even though I'm going through a broken heart, I am still clean and sober. I'm very grateful that I am learning useful coping strategies.

Hope you are all having a great evening!

Love and hugs,
Cheryl