SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Shock's Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/251174-shocks-gratitude-list.html)

shockozulu 03-09-2012 11:50 PM

Shock's Gratitude List

Tonight I am so very thankful to the person who shared his ES&H with me last which caused me to kick my program back onto gear.

I am grateful to my HP for putting me in a mindset where I was open to his message and gift of literature, especially the book Just For Today as payment for computer security work.

CarolD 03-10-2012 06:28 PM

Mega :hug:

shockozulu 03-11-2012 01:18 AM

Tonight I'm so grateful for the meeting that was there tonight, with doors open. I was suffering from HALT, but even more important I needed a meeting.

shockozulu 03-14-2012 12:28 AM

I have a roof over my head, I have sobriety. I'm grateful.

shockozulu 03-14-2012 08:58 PM

I didn't make a meeting today and boy do I feel it. I feel it in my whole body and it reminds me so clearly why its important that I go. The answer to avoiding this pain is so simple and obvious, I want to remember this feeling so I don't do it again. For having this pain today I am grateful.

shockozulu 03-15-2012 10:55 PM

Today I'm grateful for the meeting down the street. The people there are always so friendly and really happy to see me, and I am grateful to be in their company.

shockozulu 03-17-2012 10:38 PM

Some music is made to listen through an unclouded mind. I'm grateful to appreciate it tonight

shockozulu 03-20-2012 01:33 AM

Just sent an email to my sponsor telling her I had been so busy I didn't fit in to write her the last two days, but I was busy with my program! I went to an area workshop out of town and meetings between my errands the other days.

Do you know how grateful I am that this is the subject of my email, much less that I noticed I had not written her and needed to do so ASAP? Very Grateful, let me tell you.

Rusty Zipper 03-20-2012 04:20 AM

shock, i do know

shockozulu 03-21-2012 04:17 PM

Today I am grateful for the ability to read and post to SR while I am on the road.

shockozulu 03-23-2012 12:53 PM

Today I am grateful for a sponsor as well as a friend in the program who are both willing to call me on my crap. I needed that.

shockozulu 03-24-2012 12:47 PM

I am grateful for the paramedic that lives down the street from me. I became very sick yesterday, was behaving like a drunk and instead of assuming I was in fact drunk he asked what was wrong. I told him it was my blood sugar, he brought out orange juice, waited until I was feeling better and drove me home.

shockozulu 03-27-2012 11:44 PM

Today I was grateful to have a full chicken dinner in the fridge ready to eat. Its nice to have something ready to eat when I'm starved.

shockozulu 03-29-2012 02:15 AM

Today i had a good meeting on the fourth step followed by a meal and fellowship. For both of those things I will fall asleep grateful.

shockozulu 03-30-2012 11:41 PM

I am grateful to see my friend get her birthday cake tonight. It is always wonderful to see her smile ear to ear.

TrackDay 04-01-2012 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by shockozulu (Post 3333351)
I am grateful for the paramedic that lives down the street from me. I became very sick yesterday, was behaving like a drunk and instead of assuming I was in fact drunk he asked what was wrong. I told him it was my blood sugar, he brought out orange juice, waited until I was feeling better and drove me home.

Cool story man. It's cool that he didn't assume you were drunk. (I'm type 2 btw)

shockozulu 04-02-2012 01:41 AM

Welcome to SR TrackDay.

Today I'm grateful for the fact that when my using sister tried to pick an irrational fight, I was able to remove myself from the situation. I now have the tools to calm myself, regain my serenity and prepare to go to sleep.

shockozulu 04-06-2012 07:34 PM

I'm grateful today that I had some great company and a fun girls night out in the backyard with me, my friend and her two dogs.

shockozulu 04-12-2012 01:25 AM

Bad Shock for not posting here the last couple days. lol

Today I was grateful for the time to work with my sponsor as well as the study of Tradition 5 at my 12 & 12 Meeting today.

shockozulu 04-19-2012 01:06 AM

Tonight I'm tired. Good and tired. For this I'm grateful.