SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Shock's Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/251174-shocks-gratitude-list.html)

shockozulu 12-31-2012 12:40 PM

I'm grateful for another year in recovery.

Rusty Zipper 12-31-2012 06:53 PM

happy new year shock

shockozulu 01-02-2013 11:53 AM

Happy 2013 Rusty.

Today I'm grateful for my warm covers in cold weather.

shockozulu 01-22-2013 10:46 PM

Our secretary was out of town today. She asked me to secretary the meeting last week. Today I was grateful to participate in this new, for me, form of service.

Rusty Zipper 01-23-2013 04:04 AM

thanks shock

and take a letter please

shockozulu 01-24-2013 07:02 PM

Today I am grateful to have warm soup, a candy cane and a good movie.

I'm also grateful for the new Depeche Mode album that was announced for release in March. My copy of Delta Machine is pre-ordered for the 26th of March, and to have the money to do that was something else I'm grateful for.

shockozulu 01-25-2013 10:59 PM

I was thankful for my homegroup tonight because I was in a mood where I needed a meeting. A friend of mine picked up his 34 year chip from his friend who gave it to him tonight when she picked up her 35 year chip. I love the fellowship

Rusty Zipper 01-26-2013 03:59 AM

wow thats a load o 24's shock!

shockozulu 02-22-2013 03:28 PM

Yes it is!

Today my roommate is detoxing after a relapse. I'm grateful for the reminder of where I have been so I don't have to go there again.

I am already missing the little dog my roommate used to babysit and who fell in love with me. I'm grateful to be sober enough to feel that grief.

Rusty Zipper 02-22-2013 05:38 PM

yep shock, grateful to keep it green

shockozulu 03-01-2013 05:33 AM

This morning I'm grateful to have LittleGuy, the dog my roommate was babysitting (and that I fell in love with), under my covers.

His mom noticed how much he liked me as well and that he even was missing my company. She felt I was responsible enough to sit him although until I met him I had no prior pet sitting references.

Now not only do I continue to get his company over half the month but I'm getting paid for it as well!

Talk about the benefits of living a sober life on so many levels. It is one of those times when I really understand the promises in the Big Book.

Shock

Rusty Zipper 03-01-2013 05:46 PM

got'a love those promises egh shock!

my fave is things that used to baffle us, no longer do

shockozulu 03-05-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper (Post 3842198)
got'a love those promises egh shock!

my fave is things that used to baffle us, no longer do

Same here Rusty.

today I'm listening to some power music ( Helen Reddy believe it or not). It's amazing how something that surrounds me gives me the rush I used to think I could only get from drugs and alcohol.

Now I'm aware of my surroundings and that gives me strength. For that I'm eternally grateful.

shockozulu 03-07-2013 09:21 PM

I'm looking forward to Sunday when the little dog I sit will be back. He left today and I was grateful to be see him happy with his mom.

My friend got her laptop out of storage, I'm giving her a second lesson on Sunday also.

Wait, I'm looking forward to something besides getting drunk or loaded. How the years have changed.

For all of the above I'm grateful.

shockozulu 03-11-2013 09:32 AM

I'm grateful the only thing to complain about is the time change.

There were times in my recent past when I would be upset by the smallest thing. Today I'm not there.

Instead I'm running a couple errands, then watching my favorite band on Letterman tonight.

Rusty Zipper 03-11-2013 05:56 PM

Depeche Mode?

shockozulu 03-15-2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper (Post 3857502)
Depeche Mode?

You got it.

They just announced that they will be playing at our local outdoor theater (it seats less than 5000 but they like our town) and a friend of mine is getting me a ticket when they go on sale, in return for all the computer help I do for her! I can't wait.

Now if that isn't something to be grateful for, nothing is. Seeing my favorite band in a smaller venue, and the band is in recovery? I can't wait!

shockozulu 03-21-2013 12:24 PM

Enjoying listening to the new Depeche Mode album that is on iTunes streaming. I already have it on Pre-order. As usual, there are several hints at the lead singer's recovery, which always inspires me. Not music to listen to if you want to get strung out.

Also have Bowie's new album. I really like it but haven't given it as much time as I would like due to Delta Machine's early streaming release.

That's a lot to be grateful for.

shockozulu 03-24-2013 06:17 PM

I'm grateful for my new dog.

Rusty Zipper 03-25-2013 03:23 AM

wahts kind'a dog shock, and name?