SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude-Part 18 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/219125-morning-gratitude-part-18-a.html)

bettterlife4me 02-04-2011 05:14 AM

Fandy - glad you're feeling better.

Today I am grateful
  • That even though they're predicting more snow here I am pretty much stocked up on essentials (normally I'd be freaked out about getting to the liquor store)
  • Another sober morning :)

Chloe03 02-04-2011 05:54 AM

Today, I'm grateful for a half decent metabolism that allows me to eat a Dunkin Donuts muffin for breakfast once or twice a month. :)

I'm grateful for another day coffee-free!

I'm grateful that it's finally Friday! Cause I'm really looking forward to having some time to myself this weekend.

lyddie 02-04-2011 06:26 AM

Just very grateful that it's Friday.

ItWillBeWorthIt 02-04-2011 07:27 AM

Grateful today because I have an overwhelming love for my kids... it is just a great feeling.

newby1961 02-04-2011 08:35 AM

Grateful for another day sober/clean
Grateful for friends in the program
Grateful I can be there for others
Grateful for SR
Have a flippen fantastic Friday (wow I'm getting good at these NOT)
:rotfxko

Fandy 02-04-2011 09:44 AM

I'm glad that I signed up for the Pillsbury recipe site...there is a very tasty easy recipe I am trying this weekend..."game day spinach pull-apart bread"...looks like a fun thing to make, not too difficult and bakes in the bundt pan like a monkey-bread. garlic, spinach, cheese, butter...what's not to like??

sober people can follow recipes!

least 02-04-2011 09:52 AM

Grateful today because I have an overwhelming love for my kids...

Me too, but am overwhelmingly grateful that they no longer live at home!;)

This morning I am additionally grateful that altho I only have $25 left for the next two weeks at least the rent and bills are paid and I have enough dog/cat/people food and supplies for the rest of the month.:)

Grateful too for the kind lady at EHEAP who helped with my gas bill so it won't be shut off, and put me on a payment plan I can afford.:) I called the director of the agency to thank her for her kindness and efficiency.:)

"Find the good and praise it" - that's my motto.:)

Zencat 02-04-2011 10:16 AM

Grateful that my home is a place of refuge from the crazy http://www.mazeguy.net/symbolic/cuckooclock.gif world around me.

Reubena 02-05-2011 03:29 AM

Grateful for my cyber friends this morning :)

Grateful for pandora radio playing in the background. Grateful for good music and grateful for talented musicians.

Rusty Zipper 02-05-2011 03:30 AM

mor'n

grateful to have let go of paranoid radio

Sneezy 02-05-2011 03:49 AM

Love Pandora radio!

Grateful for this rainy day

We need the rain, and I love the cozy feeling inside

Also ... it will make it more likely that I'll clean out the frig :lmao

least 02-05-2011 03:59 AM

Grateful to wake up safe, sober, happy, and healthy with my dogs this morning.:)

Chloe03 02-05-2011 04:33 AM

Today, I'm grateful that I got some much needed rest last night. (Stress was triggering my insomnia again.)

I'm grateful that I woke up sober and sane this morning!

I'm grateful that I'm finally at the point where I can imagine myself sober a year from now.

I'm grateful that my heart no longer aches when I think about my Ex-bf. (That relationship was a disaster from the beginning. Don't know why I didn't have the strength to end it sooner.) :skillet

I'm grateful that it's not too late to completely change my life! :)

CarolD 02-05-2011 04:47 AM

Good morning from cold dixieland.....:wave:

Grateful to be looking forward to todays unexpected joys.
:yup:

Fandy 02-05-2011 05:04 AM

good morning gratties;

grateful for getting another night of restful sleep....6.5 hours is double what i was getting most of this past week...

Chloe and i must be twins...stress is a big trigger for me, along with many regrets i try to forget too...time is helpful.

grateful for a peaceful morning with coffee, breakfast, leasure time and house chores...another day of sleeting predicted...if i go out it will be later in the day...drop off my taxes and search for a replacement wooden salad bowl.....the cat pushed it off the counter and it cracked...there is a really GOOD discount store near my accountant, lots of bamboo stuff, i hope to replace it.

grateful for stores like this because the browsing and low prices make for some theraputic mindless fun.

i'm also very grateful that my hair seems to be back to good form after almost a year. when i first joined SR last year, it was coming out in handfuls from poor diet, stress and 3 months of having booze as my main diet staple...(my hairdresser told me that i lost about 50%):scared:....another good reason to stay sober....being hairless is quite depressing.

lyddie 02-05-2011 06:23 AM

I am grateful that I woke up this morning feeling joyful and energetic. Can't wait to see how much I can get done today.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Fandy 02-05-2011 08:46 AM

if you have that much energy Lyddie, please pass some off to me too.

i've scrubbed the yuck off the stove, folded cardboard and put junk out of the house, washed 2 loads of clothes, scrubbed the catbox and am working towards kitchen counters, vacuuming and steamy-mopping the winter grit off the tile and wood floors.

i may complain about it, but it is MORE than i used to do in a month when I was drinking.

on a saturday, i never got out of bed before noon and barely got a shower for the trip to the liquor store and pet foods.

I am so grateful to be out of that pattern....my treats today will involve cooking a real dinner and getting a manicure after I clean, give myself a facial and color my hair.

it's a vast improvement in living.

CarolD 02-05-2011 12:26 PM

It's only 3 p.m. and so far....:)

I had an assessment ..meaning my personal assistant
will be comeing more often if needed.

2 church ladies dropped by with free bakery goods and we
prayed together ..a short "Thank You for blessings"

AA friend Susan came over..I shared the bakery items with her

AA friend Vi...dropped in ..asked me if I wanted a ride to
tomorrows meeting .followed by lunch and shopping ..:yup:

I picked up an ill neighbors mail...delivered it with Tuna
Salad + ensure for her dinner.

Took a shower...washed my hair....did laundry...called my son

Yes..un expected joys for sure.......ain't sobreity simply super?
::laughing:

Chloe03 02-05-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fandy (Post 2855174)
i'm also very grateful that my hair seems to be back to good form after almost a year. when i first joined SR last year, it was coming out in handfuls from poor diet, stress and 3 months of having booze as my main diet staple...(my hairdresser told me that i lost about 50%):scared:....another good reason to stay sober....being hairless is quite depressing.

That's it...I'm convinced we are twins! :ghug3 I've been trying to grow my hair back too. My Dr said the hair loss was from stress and poor diet! Never told him that I was also drinking boatloads of wine and exercising like an Olympic hopeful. :wah:

You're giving me hope that I can reverse the damage that I've done to my body. :)

Rusty Zipper 02-06-2011 03:39 AM

mor'n gang

grateful to be shanghaied by a good customer today,

and were going on an antique hunt