SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Roll Call: What have YOU done for YOU today? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/139080-roll-call-what-have-you-done-you-today.html)

sjr 12-13-2007 06:01 AM

The thing i did for me yesterday, wasn't really for me at all...but it made me 'feel' good, no, great.

there is a client that came in my salon, i am a hairdresser, one of my co-workers clients. an older lady in very poor health. she was saying how she hadn't had the strength to decorate or put up a tree.

so my partner and i gave her our tree. ~i had to finish decorating the back 'cause i only did the front, it is in the corner of the shop, so i cheated!! LOL

anyhow, now this wonderful lady now has a tree in her home albiet it a small tree. but still pretty enough for her to enjoy

that thing i did....alot for her....even more for me....S

GiveLove 12-13-2007 09:27 AM

Oh, sjr, that is just the most wonderful thing. :)

holdingouthope 12-13-2007 10:09 AM

Abundance - thank you! I read your post yesterday and realized not one thing I did was for me, just me!

this morning I ate a chocolate cookie with my coffee...nothing is better than choc with coffee...except maybe a cigarette but i gave those up long ago.

thanks again!

Abundance 12-13-2007 07:59 PM

I'm so glad you all are enjoying this :)

We got our frozen yogurt today!!!! :)

I didn't do the budgeting though :( ..... but I cooked 3 mean meals for my boys though and got to "play mom" (aside from all the chaos)... my work has been cool with me being out so much this week.

Lucie 12-14-2007 09:01 PM

I danced to Disney songs with my 6 year old sister(for a shamefully long amount of time).

Lucie 12-15-2007 05:20 PM

I'm having a hard time answering this today.... I watched The Girls Next Door and mindless reality television always warms my heart! lol

Abundance 12-16-2007 12:27 AM

Got the majority of our Christmas decorations up! My guy cam down for a few hours... and we had an authentic time together. I went my girlfriend's party and sung karaoke! :)

Tomorrow my boys are in a little production at church!

Today was just a really great day! :)

Lucie 12-16-2007 05:04 PM

I focused on my sister all day. Tomorrow I WILL start living my life again.:puppet

Abundance 12-16-2007 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lucie (Post 1604337)
I focused on my sister all day. Tomorrow I WILL start living my life again.:puppet

Do you still have time tonight to do something for you???

Lucie 12-16-2007 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Abundance (Post 1604405)
Do you still have time tonight to do something for you???

Hey you're right...day's not over!

kj21 12-16-2007 06:19 PM

I turned off my cell at 4:25am when my exah texted to ask if I had someone new?? i went out and bought our christmas tree, decorated it, made a big roast dinner for me and my kids! I thought about asking ex over to have a good meal...but decided against it. I don't want to give false hope. Still hard not to feel sorry for him.

Abundance 12-16-2007 06:28 PM

KJ.... a roast dinner ... how lovely! :)

Loving from a distance... in literal terms.

rahsue 12-17-2007 04:55 AM

today I am in a really good mood, or a positive mood I should say, I will have my 2 grandsons today (1 & 4) it's going to be a challenge, neither of them are well behaved. So I'll let the 4 yr old make cookies and the 1 yr old can watch (he loves the 4yrold) Then I guess it will be a sponge bob and elmo day. lol

Lucie 12-19-2007 09:27 PM

Got my hair done. Hung out with best friend and had great dinner with her family. Not a bad day.

GiveLove 12-20-2007 07:51 AM

Went to the rec center and for a couple of dollars (after reading a good book on the slow exercise bike for a while) sat in the jacuzzi and let the warm bubbles wash my cares away for a luxurious 45 minutes, watching the tiny kids go down the water slide. I looked a little pruny getting out, but who cares?? I was relaxed as can be.

Tabithacat 12-21-2007 01:41 AM

I have had lunch with my best friend every day this week! I have a new job so although we no longer work together, my new office is just across the road and now it means we can go to lunch together! Yay!

hoping 12-21-2007 06:08 PM

I wrote on this site and shared. It made me feel better.

Stellargirl 12-21-2007 06:33 PM

Good Question

Today, I went to my work holiday get together. It was nice, but found out I will only be working 3 not 4 days a week when work resumes. I need the money so that was unpleasant news to me. BUT, I did get 2 free movie passes and a $25 gift card to borders, YES!
Then I came home and read: codependency no more, then napped.
I went out last night dancing so a nap was needed. I am really missing my xABF today. One day at a time, I know. Tonight, I am going to eat popcorn and watch a silly movie, "Because I said so" with diane keaton and mandy moore. Thats my friday night plan for now.

Hope everyone is doing their best to remember they are beautiful, wonderful, caring people and they deserve a wonderful life!

Stellargirl.

I see the cup half-full.

Abundance 12-21-2007 09:18 PM

Today I got all of my Christmas shopping done! :)

sheisanaddict 12-22-2007 05:54 AM

I put up my Christmas Tree,usually my daughter and I put it up and make it feel like Christmas.
She is starting her third week in rehab today.
Trisha