SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Roll Call: What have YOU done for YOU today? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/139080-roll-call-what-have-you-done-you-today.html)

Abundance 12-12-2007 02:49 PM

Roll Call: What have YOU done for YOU today?

I've slept... I am sick and need to make myself better.

I did call my ABF this morning, but his voice mail is full, so I didn't leave a message.

He texted me saying that he is still in the throws of wds... and I told him I was still really sick, he texted back telling me to feel better.

I have cried a lot today and have not shared with him that I have been.

I am going to take my boys to get a frozen yogurt... $3 one... and that is MY treat.....

What have you done for YOU today?

Taking5 12-12-2007 04:34 PM

I enjoyed a good mexican meal. Try doing THAT with a 4-alarm hangover!

I was useful to my customers today - something I have not always been able to do when drinking.

And most of all I stayed sober.

cinderellawkids 12-12-2007 04:41 PM

Today I did not get anxious or throw my own pity party.
Thats a big deal for me, cause before when I would still do something special for me I also reacted or was throwing a poor me party-that only left me more drained, today I didnt

mooselips 12-12-2007 04:43 PM

I went out Christmas shopping with my 17 year old niece,
and we went to lunch and had a wonderful time!

mtnmagic 12-12-2007 04:44 PM

I have stayed here all day, just reading. For me that is a good thing. I have an addicted son and I am detoxing myself. If this is what it takes just sitting here and reading, well it is working for today.

Abundance 12-12-2007 04:47 PM

That is so good you guys!!!! I'm PROUD OF YOU!!!

I went to get my son from school ... went to the yogurt shop and realized I left my purse at home. My parents called and I told them I was getting yogurt... and they asked if I have money to spend like that... which I don't. UGH... so I took it as a sign that I was supposed to forget my purse. My dad did say he'd give me $20 though for things like that if I wanted it. Which is really sweet, but what I really need actually is a couple of zeros thrown onto that.

Also, considering I have not eaten for 24 hours, I probably should have something more healthy. I just figured that sounded good!

So... I guess what I have done today is rest! That is pretty good considering I should be working... but the second I am away from a toilet ... well ya know.

I want to read about what you all are doing to take care of YOU... keep em' coming!

frescacan 12-12-2007 05:14 PM

More importantly...what have you done for God and others?

rahsue 12-12-2007 05:28 PM

today I thanked God for all of my SR friends who came to my rescue regarding my codie thoughts.
Went to the zoo for my class today and actually got to feed the polar bears.
that was very exciting.

Abundance 12-12-2007 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by happysoul (Post 1599722)
Got my hair cut...later i'm planning to take a nice long soak in a bubble bath...and try to get to bed early tonight.

Nice! Did you get a lot taken off?

mmm bubble bath sounds so good :) Might have to copy that one :)

mmmmmmmm Mexican Food, the Zoo, reading / relaxing, Christmas shopping with family, no pity partying, Polar Bears... all sounds great!!! :)

Keep em' coming folks !!!!

If you already answered... what are your plans for YOU tomorrow?

frescacan 12-12-2007 06:09 PM

Guys,

I apologize for posting in this forum. It didn't occur to me that this is for friends and family. Best wishes to all.

kj21 12-12-2007 06:09 PM

Today I was happy all day.

sleepygoat 12-12-2007 06:26 PM

WOW, thanks for making me think! The answer is not much. Today it was all about doing for everybody else (took cat to vet, wrapped Christmas presents for nurses aids at work, was 'there' for husband who is very upset about something at work, talked to sponsee, made coffee for the meeting and cleaned up the place afterwards) and to tell you truth, I'm kinda tired. The only thing I did for myself was go to a meeting and share.

so, I think tomorrow I may just make sure I sit and read some of that new Dean Koontz novel I just bought.

Easeful 12-12-2007 06:30 PM

Great thread! Unfortunately the only thing I did for me today was a nap. And I kinda think it didn't count since I pretty much dropped in my tracks. ::sigh:: But tomorrow is a new day and I'll plan for something for me. Thanks!!

Wascally Wabbit 12-12-2007 06:37 PM

Hmmm, I can't think of anything! Darn it! Time to fix that! This is a good thread to remind me that I do need to do something no matter how small.
:boogy

Ann 12-12-2007 06:56 PM

I ate a ton of Christmas goodies tonight at an open house and didn't worry for a minute about calories... :D

I am actually allowing myself to enjoy Christmas, that's a biggie for me.

Hugs

duet_4-8 12-12-2007 07:00 PM

I worked on the house to get it ready to sell so I can get on with my life at the Rockin' C!!!!
:Dance7:

blue pansy 12-12-2007 07:16 PM

Today was my day off
I went on a marathon Christmas shopping spree and I'm almost done!
And yes I bought me something, I just love clearance racks and 20% off coupons!!!
Tomorrow I'm going to shovel snow....

:beachball

where I wish I was

Abundance 12-12-2007 07:43 PM

Good Stuff!! :)

Tomorrow I am going to balance my checking account! I'm also going to really get Frozen Yogurt!!!! Make it a lunch date :)