SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Quacking at My Door!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/121676-quacking-my-door.html)

hope3 04-23-2007 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ann the mamal magnet. Ha, you do attrack allot

of babies. Want to adopt a 47 year old baby, me.

Just joking, or not. CatsPajamas, you cracked me up,

and everytime I see your avatar, I have to LMAO.

Back to ducks, these ducks come right up to the car

when I park by the lake, they are so cute.

Hope3

parentrecovers 04-23-2007 10:31 AM

i'd say everything about this thread is just ducky! (sorry, couldn't resist...)k

teke 04-23-2007 10:48 AM

now i think that the ducks are the cutest.

Laceyhearts 04-23-2007 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How great are your ducks.... My Aunt, who lives in Boise Idaho, has ducks that hang out on her porch, Daisy and Daffy. Along with a family of racoons. My mother has many squirells, Blue Jays, racoons and the occaisonal mountain lion. I myself only have wild rabbits, meadowlarks, doves and the occasional falcon. He is sitting in the birdbath I have next to my pond. I was very shocked to see him so close to my house. Glad he didn't start fishing my pond. I have a 1000 gallon pond in my backyard stocked with Koi and goldfish.
Laceyhearts.....

WantsOut 04-23-2007 10:57 AM

Hey, I want to be a duck magnet. Darn it, where do I apply? :)

Thanks for the great pics!

hope3 04-23-2007 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, teke, I think the ducks are the cutest also,

just don't tell my dog Bandit, look at him.

Hope3

greeteachday 04-23-2007 11:14 AM

Thanks for sharing these pics...how terrific! I'm not surprised you attract all the babies, Ann. I just came back from my lunch walk at work. It's so cool...in an hour I can walk from the city, over the bridge to a beautiful setting along a tow path on a canal....We finally have gorgeous weather...I know it is just a teaser at the moment, but I'll take it! Lots and lots of turtles out on the rock and limbs in the canal...And driving to and from work, I see the foal...I love Spring too!

helpus 04-23-2007 04:14 PM

Thanks for the smile Ann. A freind of mine has a place on the lake & has become like the mama duck. She had 2 of them walk up many many stairs (yes walk not fly) & came on her deck & pecked the window, like ah duh..wheres our food, your tardy.
Now not sure if this counts as animal cruelty but, we were having a get together, & were down on the beach w/ hours de ours, one of which was duck quasedias. Yeah, we fed some to the ducks, was that wrong?

Ann 04-23-2007 05:33 PM

That was very wrong, Helpus. :twak: :D

Thanks to those who shared their critters, and that falcon was magnificent. It's amazing the smiles and serenity these little friends can bring us. I find such peace just sitting on my deck watching the birds over the water.

It's the beauty of spring, summer and autumn that make the snowy winters here worth tolerating.

Hugs

rose 04-23-2007 07:22 PM

It is a special feeling when nature comes to you!

A few years back when I had a daycare here, I had the kids out for a walk and a duck landed behind us and came for the stole, all the way back home. He kept returning everyday and soon he brought his mate. I went and bought duck food then after they were done eating they would fly up to the nieghbours pool and have a bath, but as you can imagine the neighbour was not to happy about it and kept sending his dog out after them....so off I went and bought a blow-up pool for them.

They kept coming back for 5 years, Dixie and Trixie did. We lost him with a neighour car, took him to the vets to try and save him....they sure did bring joy...

Rose

duet_4-8 04-23-2007 07:36 PM

Hey Ann,

I saw these two guests in my pool last Friday morning. I guess I am a duck magnet too! I should be, heaven knows I have heard enough quacking in my life! LOL!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/ehs033/quack.jpg

Hangin' In 04-23-2007 09:15 PM

Where are my possum pictures? That is what comes up on my patio.

Why is it Ann gets ducks, cute foxes, ground hogs and I get possums? Well, wait. I get armadillos, too. Ever knocked on an armadillo's shell/back and said, "Woo hoo, anybody home?"

Me neither..........:lmao

I'm going back to look at Ann's cute pictures.

Ann 04-24-2007 02:26 AM

:lmao Hangin' In, you have me cracking up wayyy too early in the day, lol. If a possum ever came near me, I swear I'd faint.

I notice that a lot of our "friendly fowl" are mallards, I wonder if they are less timid than most. Toby has taken to just laying by the door and singing with them and is no longer disturbed by them at all, nor they of Toby....although I don't think I would open the screen and test it. :D

Originally Posted by Rose
It is a special feeling when nature comes to you.

I think that is a big part of it. For the same reason it feels so good to walk in the woods or work in a garden or walk the beach...connecting with nature is like connecting with all that is good in the universe. And when nature connects with us through the birds and animals, it has a way of bringing peace and balance.

Hugs

CatsPajamas 04-24-2007 04:52 AM

Hangin,

I nderstand, I tend to get more squinnies and raccoons than the cute little ducks.

It figures.

hugs
Cats

Cupicake 04-24-2007 10:00 AM

Oh Ann....you are one with nature. It's a wonderful thing to feel one with nature.

Hangin' In 04-24-2007 10:37 AM

Possums are household pets around my parts. Gee, Ann, you live such a sheltered life up there.

Let me run put on the pig's lip we're having for dinner. :c008:

stone 04-27-2007 11:04 AM

Just thought I would post a couple I took today. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/stowenrat/6.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/stowenrat/5.gif

Cupicake 04-27-2007 01:51 PM

WOW Stone...Is that peacock real?

stone 04-27-2007 03:51 PM

Hi cupicake, I was actually meaning to mention that! Yes it is, no photoshopping or anything that is just how the photo came out. All those intense colours do make it look unreal, I like it though. :)

Ann 04-27-2007 03:58 PM

Both those photos are awesome, Stone. Peacocks are just so beautiful and graceful and sound like a cat or a crying baby when they call. The rooster is wonderful too.

Are there peacocks where you live or was that at a park?