SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Lost In OC (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/44230-lost-oc.html)

EndOfRoadWife 03-02-2005 06:06 AM

Good! I hope the MEDS will start to help even just a little bit so your mind isn't as anxious thinking about everything..They told me it would take about 30 days to kick in when I took them last year..

cwohio 03-02-2005 06:32 AM

mr c - good luck and let us know how you are feeling. i was feeling quite bad several months ago and never ended up going to the dr. so you accomplished a big feat!

Mr. Christian 03-02-2005 07:05 AM

Hi EORW,
Yes I know it might take a while , but it made me tred right off the bat.
SO i was able to get more thern 2 hours sleep.

CWOHIO,
Thank you, I really never wanted to go get any meds simply because I wanted to do it on my own. I found out I cant. A little humbling to say the least

EndOfRoadWife 03-02-2005 07:14 AM

Oh good! At least you could get more sleep then! I think it kicked in a little before the 30 days for me.. It won't cure everything, but at least maybe it will help a little! Good luck!! :)

cwohio 03-02-2005 08:02 AM

yep - that's us codies - we can do EVERYTHING on our own can't we (not)! i am feeling a bit better now but if i get to a bad place again i will take your lead - you didn't know you were being an inspiration, did you!

take care and get a couple hours sleep in for me too will you (lol)

Mr. Christian 03-03-2005 11:15 PM

Hey gang,
Well it was my 1st Alanon meeting while I have been taking these meds.
Guys were saying I looked happy tonight, LOL! I thought that was funny!

EndOfRoadWife 03-04-2005 05:29 AM

No way Christian!!!! That is just fantastic!!! You deserve happiness!!! You sure probably thought you'd never hear that again,,huh? ha I hope you keep feeling better!!! :)

cwohio 03-04-2005 05:38 AM

mr c - wow - that's great! probably just knowing that you did something nice for yourself and are going to start feeling better helped! we are proud of you dude!

JessicaNAJ 03-04-2005 05:42 AM

You sound happy :) . Way to go!!!

Mr. Christian 03-04-2005 06:38 AM

Hello, goodmorning,
Well it is a little different I'll admit that.
Better living through chemicals. I feel I got 2 opposing forces going head to head right now in my head.. I guess it will be like that for awhile.
How are all of you doing?

EndOfRoadWife 03-04-2005 06:54 AM

That is good that the MEDS started working that quick for you too! My latest is I filed for divorce and signed my papers yesterday, now the papers have to run through the courthouse and then they will be served to my husband..It's not that I don't care about him still, but I can't take any more of living with him when he never quit the lying to me and the staying out all night with no knowledge of his whereabouts..I tried and tried and nothing I ever did worked..I'm in debt because I haven't gotten child support and we have this house we own that I'm still living in..I've been calling Domestic Relations about every day..My AH is making a lot more $ than me, driving a brand new BMW and partying all his money away while I am stuck with all the financial responsibility..I'm hoping depression doesn't set in..so, far I haven't had any regrets filing for divorce and am trying to take it day by day...The first couple years that I've been going through this I was so weak and would cry and cry..I think my heart is just numb to all the mental abuse and his lying, drinking and staying out all night..I hope my heart stays like that because I don't want to let him back in just to go through the agony again......I don't think even me filing for divorce will make him change..He will fall deeper into his addictions..This site really helps me....Lets all stay strong together!! :)

cwohio 03-04-2005 09:21 AM

well - i am still at an impasse on what i feel like i need to do and actually doing it. my ah has gone downhill the past couple years and i've encountered numerous withdrawal seizure incidents with him, most recently about a monhth ago and guess what he is doing again pretty much heavy duty and full-time after about 21/2 dry weeks - yep! i think i feel like endofroadwife - no matter what happens - i just don't think he will change. it's pretty sad so we definitely feel your pain.

Mr. Christian 03-04-2005 06:18 PM

Ladies, damn..
well hell i was just feeling like I wanted to call her, then I thought wow, I went through all this kind of stuff to!

cwohio 03-05-2005 05:20 AM

it sucks doesn't it?! i know in my heart that i believe the end is near but just can't seem to be strong enough to do it! hang in there!

Mr. Christian 03-05-2005 08:33 PM

Well I went to the movies by myself today, saw Be Cool. It was good I liked it.
Took some time to myself today.
I have a host of things going on in my life right now, it was nice to get out.

My thinking is very different today and I think it is a direct result of me starting the meds.

I have to say I am a still disappointed at my whole sitch right now, and in fact just very disappointed in my wife and what is going on right now. So much time we have lost here, so much time.

jerinicholas 03-06-2005 06:08 AM

good to talk

Dear Mr Christain,

Its good that you can write these events down and in a way help to find out what you feel,

my story is very different from yours, there are some similarities. I find it very hard being the partner of a an female alcoholic. In the Uk there seems to be hardly any of us, which is hard to equate because of the current laddete binge culture we have here.

I too am in a very lonely place, fortunately my wife is in AA now she has had relaspes and at times been absolutely mad. Just starting relise how badly it has effected me, a person I haven‘t known for many years. Only starting to feel again after many years of surviving, and god do I feel angry at the moment! really angry. - hence the reason for staring Alanon. It s a start, something for me, I need to find my path for me and just for me.

I hope you find happiness soon, god knows what you have been through.
god luck.

j

Mr. Christian 03-06-2005 09:17 AM

Hi “J”,

I’m glad you went to Alanon.
If you go toward the beginning of my thread it explains a lot of what has happened here to my family.
I don’t know how much you have read.

The anger goes back and forth.
I really do want to contact her or get the message into her head about not drinking and start feeling again, but it doesn’t work.
I really do miss her though, I really do.
I know there is a lot less crazy stuff happening, but then again I’m still cleaning up the mess we have here with bills, taxes, etc.

It’s just a big mess and in fact so am I.
God we were so happy there for such a long time.
I really love her “J”, but this is what I got right now, and everyone tells me to leave her be right now.

That’s a hard thing to do I tell you.

jerinicholas 03-06-2005 09:54 AM

j

keep going MrChristian,

I don‘t know if I am helping the matter or not. It seems very lonely in Uk as it feels like I am the only man with an alcholic wife!

I have found “keep it simple ” very useful, and just doing something small for yourself everyday a big help. So far I have managed to stay clear of medication. To date I have just had physical symptoms shingles, IBS exma, and a hole host of other stress related stuff.

I have two sons (identicle twins), I haven“t read all of your threads, but I am working on it, The boys call me mummy daddy, as opposed to just dad, says it all really.

keep on keeping on.

all the best j

EndOfRoadWife 03-07-2005 06:21 AM

Christian- You sound so much better..I mean, I know you aren't healed like I'm not either, but there is a difference in reading your responses..I notice you are using the word "I" a lot, which is great progress.....tremendous...Last night, I saw the show "Intervention" and it was good..It was about addicts and shows them going through their addictions and their families how they families will say that they used to be a different person and now they are in a downward spiral...and then this Intervention team shows up at their house and asks them to go away to rehab..I don't know what channel this would be on for you, but I saw it last night from 10-11pm..I don't know if you'd be interested..

cwohio 03-07-2005 11:11 AM

mr c - yes - i also noticed your posts are a bit "calmer". i'm hoping you feel better each day.

j- sorry to hear of your dilemma and wishing you the best in your quest for recovery!