SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   He died last weekend (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/418513-he-died-last-weekend.html)

firebolt 11-06-2017 11:42 AM

Sending you and your family peace and comfort. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Seren 11-06-2017 12:10 PM

I am just so sorry to hear of your loss. What a brutal thing, addiction. You and your family will be in my prayers.

AnvilheadII 11-06-2017 12:59 PM

how deeply tragic for all concerned. my condolences to you and all who loved and cared for him. special hugs to your 8 yr old. :grouphug:

Sodevastated 11-06-2017 01:52 PM

I'm so incredibly sorry. I'm sending you strenght and prayers. I lost my husband due to the same reason a year and a half ago. It's so horrible. I hope you have people around you to support you, talk to, do the groceries and everything else that feels too overwhelming in a situation like this. You and your daughter will be in my prayers. PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Sending you hugs

Rosie2017 11-06-2017 01:57 PM

I am so very, very sorry for your loss, your daughter's loss, your family's loss. My heart is so full and I will keep you in my prayers. I wish you strength and peace. I hope that with time, all the damage that addiction inflicted will fade and you will be able to hold on to some of the happier memories without too much pain.

Hawkeye13 11-06-2017 02:30 PM

I'm so sorry Bodkin--I remember you from before and how
much you tried to help him and protect your child.

Wishing you all healing :grouphug:

Xia 11-06-2017 03:06 PM

So incredibly sorry for your loss Bodkin. I feel for you and your child - and for him. So sorry - will keep you in my prayers.

BodkinVanHorn 11-06-2017 05:54 PM

Thanks

Thank you all. I’m so grateful right now for his family, for my family, and for our friends. You know, the friends who show up and take your kid to the park so she doesn’t have to go to the funeral. The friends who bring you cookies. The friends who help you when your brain just stops and who help you sort through the stuff left behind. The friends who give you a ride home. Who ask if you need groceries or time to yourself. I’m very grateful for those folks. I’m blessed to have these people in my life.

maia1234 11-06-2017 07:08 PM

B,
I am so sad for your loss. We all get it on this forum that our addicts are all only one drink, one pill or one needle away from dying. I'm so sorry for this unmeasurable loss to you an your daughter. Sending hugs, stay close my friend.

OpheliaKatz 11-06-2017 09:30 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Bodkin.

Pathwaytofree 11-07-2017 06:29 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.

I hope your daughter will grow up remembering how much her daddy loved her, and how extremely hard he tried to recover to be the best dad for her that he could be.

It's apparent just from this this one post how hard he tried. He went to rehab, got a job, got an apartment, was on friendly terms with you, picked up your daughter at school, helped with homework, made meals. It sounds like he took excellent action steps. But, Addiction is a BEAST. Those lies in our minds can quickly overtake us and kill us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I hope he sends you or your daughter a "sign" that he loves you, is at peace, and is there with you.

KiKi0615 11-07-2017 07:35 AM

I'm so sorry! My prayers are with you.

Clover71 11-07-2017 08:42 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to hear you have so much support through this difficult time

LostinLB 11-07-2017 09:39 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you and your family are going through. Addiction is such an awful disease and you really never know when it will rear it's ugly head again. My thoughts are with you.