SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Guess who's coming home (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/323503-guess-whos-coming-home.html)

Hammer 02-20-2014 11:01 AM

K, If your Drama-thermo-meter is not maxing out, you might need to get it adjusted.

Remember a day or two ago, I was cautioning that All. Crazy. All. The. Time. is to kind of be expected for the first 3 to 6 months?

It really is. And it just is what it is. Does all this sound like a bunch of Crazy to you?

Here is the thing about that Crazy stuff.

When *they* are going Crazy . . . . *We* do not go with them.

and this part . . .

I've started working the steps with my sponsor who I have called twice now. I went to my 3rd therapy session this morning.

SUPER! SUPER! SUPER!

Sungrl 02-20-2014 11:22 AM

Proceed with caution! I would still be livid over the abandonment of the last few days. Are you going to find out where he was? Would he tell you the truth anyway? I would not let him in the front door. Please make your boundries crystal clear and hold on to them for dear life. Good Luck!

iwanthappiness 02-20-2014 11:34 AM

I fell for AH's words too. Looks like you have set up some awesome boundaries though. Good for you! A word of advice: one of the counselors from one of his rehabs said that we needed a "formal contract" that CLEARLY stated what I would tolerate and what his consequence would be.

For example, he had to sleep in the spare bedroom as soon as he had a slip for x amount of time. If he slipped again, he had to live else where for x amount of time. This way, he cannot dispute your boundaries. Just an idea!

I also had to suffer my own consequences....such as "no sly remarks about the past"...which was hard for me to do! I honestly didn't realize just how hateful I had become.

Keep up the good work!!

Katchie 02-20-2014 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Raider (Post 4483338)
I know I have no experience so you can disregard this post if you wish. But I have a big mouth so I'm going for it.....I'm scared for you. It doesn't sound right to me. Something smells fishy. I don't trust him. I think he will hurt you again. Ok I said it. Good luck Honey.

There isn't a shred of trust in me for him. I'm not giving it a whirl for that reason. It's all fishy and pathetic. I'm giving this a shot for me and for my boys. I will never look back and say I didn't give it a try and neither will my boys. I think if he left again tomorrow I'd be Ok with that, I don't think I'd be fazed. So I'm trying to go into this with eyes wide open that nothing is real and then pray like heck that both of us change

hopeful4 02-20-2014 11:39 AM

I think you are doing great!!! Hugs.

choublak 02-20-2014 11:48 AM

I think if he left again tomorrow I'd be Ok with that, I don't think I'd be fazed.
And if he came back the day after tomorrow?

Leave, return, repeat...

Katchie 02-20-2014 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by choublak (Post 4483451)
And if he came back the day after tomorrow?

Leave, return, repeat...

No repeat, just a long vacation.

SoberLeigh 02-20-2014 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Raider (Post 4483338)
I know I have no experience so you can disregard this post if you wish. But I have a big mouth so I'm going for it.....I'm scared for you. It doesn't sound right to me. Something smells fishy. I don't trust him. I think he will hurt you again. Ok I said it. Good luck Honey.

I have no experience either so I am responding with great reservation. I totally agree with Raider; something simply isn't right. My gut tells me that you should tell him to stay away but, again, I have no experience. At the very least, have a very strong Plan B in place (physically, emotionally and financially).

Katchie 02-20-2014 11:52 AM

If I need a swift kick in the britches in the near future, you all please give it to me...I will bend over and say thank you may I have another!

SoberLeigh 02-20-2014 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Katchie (Post 4483458)
If I need a swift kick in the britches in the near future, you all please give it to me...I will bend over and say thank you may I have another!

I so hope that that is not necessary and that we are all so wrong.

changeneeded 02-20-2014 11:56 AM

Well done Katchie!! Prayers for you and your family.

Hammer 02-20-2014 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Katchie (Post 4483432)
There isn't a shred of trust in me for him. I'm not giving it a whirl for that reason. It's all fishy and pathetic. I'm giving this a shot for me and for my boys. I will never look back and say I didn't give it a try and neither will my boys. I think if he left again tomorrow I'd be Ok with that, I don't think I'd be fazed. So I'm trying to go into this with eyes wide open that nothing is real and then pray like heck that both of us change

Fully. FULLY. Understand.

Really good description for it all.

Katchie 02-20-2014 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer (Post 4483501)
Fully. FULLY. Understand.

Really good description for it all.

Hammer, could you please explain your comment "fully. Fully. Understand"?

Sorry I'm a little slow. It's been a pattern for years..lol

Hammer 02-20-2014 12:33 PM

Your reasoning. It is way better expressed but near same as mine.

I have been going through this crap for the last year.

ONLY reason is the kids and "us" as a maybe.

One low point . . . if you want the too long version . . .

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-me-well.html

AlcoholicLove 02-20-2014 12:39 PM

Alcoholic mind games...God they are so good at it.
"More will be revealed"

Katchie 02-20-2014 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by AlcoholicLove (Post 4483526)
Alcoholic mind games...God they are so good at it.
"More will be revealed"

Thanks Ham..I read..how are you? I hope in a better place :-)
what a smart daughter you have..
I'm rooting for all of to soon be in a better place very very soon.

AlcoholicLove 02-20-2014 01:00 PM

May I add, the A I had been seeing for the past 2 years is now going into his 3rd year of sobriety.
You know what I realized?
He is still the same lying, cheating, emotionally unavailable, mentally ill jerk he was before.

Take the alcohol away from a lying, cheating, emotionally unavailable, mentally ill jerk and what do you end up with (sometimes)...Yep, you guessed it.

Proceed with caution Katchie.

hopeful4 02-20-2014 01:03 PM

Bravo...I am starting to see the same thing in my AH...or I have seen it and am realizing my kids do too. What a shame!

Hugs.

Originally Posted by AlcoholicLove (Post 4483560)
May I add, the A I had been seeing for the past 2 years is now going into his 3rd year of sobriety.
He is still the same lying, cheating, emotionally unavailable, mentally ill jerk he was before.

Take the alcohol away from a lying, cheating, emotionally unavailable, mentally ill jerk and what do you end up with (sometimes)...Yep, you guessed it.

Katchie 02-20-2014 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by AlcoholicLove (Post 4483560)

i am listening and proceeding with caution to the best of my ability. I appreciate all of the comments more than imaginable.

choublak 02-20-2014 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by AlcoholicLove (Post 4483526)
Alcoholic mind games...

Ain't nobody got time for that.