SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Partner relapsed after we were told I am going to miscarry (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/297226-partner-relapsed-after-we-were-told-i-am-going-miscarry.html)

wiscsober 06-21-2013 08:04 AM

Hope you try Alanon meetings again...you could be very helpful...

if not get some of their literature hard copy or online....

His sobriety/relapse I think would be the least of your worries
while dealing with the loss of child and continuing medical issues....

Peace always

KKE 06-21-2013 09:42 AM

I haven't been since January but I'm going tonight at 8pm. It's not the easiest for me but while I'm trying to turn this ongoing miscarraige into something with a "positive" outcome I thought now might be a good time while I'm in this frame of mind so yeah. Hopefully I won't find it too difficult.

wiscsober 06-21-2013 07:13 PM

Fantastic! Many of our members just listen during the meeting....I run at the mouth....I didn't go to Alanon tonight. Went to AA (same building) but I did check in with them.

KKE 06-25-2013 08:52 PM

Had the operation yesterday, hoping now I can move on from this nightmare. Just wanted to say thanks for the support. I know I've gone a bit OT and this hasn't always been directly linked to addiction so thanks for listening and responding.

CarryOn 06-25-2013 08:56 PM

:hug:
Thank you for the update, I'm so sorry for what you have been through. Please know you've been in my thoughts & prayers. I wish you comfort & peace this evening.

wicked 06-25-2013 09:04 PM

KKE

I think it has been directly associated to addiction, because it is how addiction becomes a part of everything.
Everything is consumed in the nuclear blast of addiction.
But, you can rebuild.
You can rebuild and renew.
Take the lessons learned and grow.
I have learned from you,
and I appreciate that you shared this difficult journey here.
I am really humbled by that.
You show great courage madam.
Keep it up, you will be a big winner always, to me.

Beth

DG0409 06-25-2013 09:52 PM

OT or not, we're here to offer support. :hug:

LexieCat 06-26-2013 05:36 AM

Not at all OT. Dealing with emotions and other things that affect them are very much part of recovery.

Hugs, I'm glad you have the physical part of this behind you.

Javajoetoes 06-28-2013 02:21 PM

KKE
I just wanted to send you love, I had a miscarriage a long long time ago and it was so painful. You are such a lovely thoughtful person always self deprecating and supportive in your posts, I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this sad loss.
Take care of yourself.
Much love xxx

fedupbeyondall 06-28-2013 02:42 PM

Wow. HUGS!! HUGE GIANT HUGS!!!!! Keep on keeping strong!!!

KKE 06-28-2013 03:09 PM

Thanks everyone :-) helps a lot