SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   The text that changed everything.... I cant stop crying (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/252746-text-changed-everything-i-cant-stop-crying.html)

justrae83 03-29-2012 08:34 AM

The text that changed everything.... I cant stop crying

I just got a text message this morning that made me fall back to square one and cry all over again. My ex texted me that he is the happiest he has ever been and that his new love for the new women and her 4 kids are making him be the man he always knew he could be.

A part of me is happy for him but another part of me is screaming inside, becuase all i ever wanted was for him to be that man for me and i had to endure 6 years of hard work, love, dedication and tears to only be spit out at the end like a piece of trash and he now is moving on a better person for HER.

Wow, talk about a broken heart. I didnt respond to the text, how could i? There is nothing i could say that would make me feel any better or anything he could reply with that would take the pain away i am feeling. He also said in that text that he is purposing to her in 4 months and that being with her kids makes him relize what type of man he is becoming and there is no place in the world he would rather be.

He is on cloud 9 while i still am in my own personal hell, picking up the pieices of my broken heart left by him only 3 months ago. I have my good days and my bad days for sure where i want him back, sometimes i prayed he would get better and do these things for me.....now that hope is gone and the man i wanted him to be for me, he wants to be for her.

LaTeeDa 03-29-2012 08:36 AM

Question for you. Why are you still reading his texts?

L

fedup3 03-29-2012 08:38 AM

and what was the reason he's telling you this? If only you could see a year from now I wouldn't be surprised if she's sitting where you are now but it won't be by herself she will have 4 innocent kids with her. Is your ex in a recovery program?

langkah 03-29-2012 08:45 AM

That's a really cruel/oblivious/self-centered/egotistical thing to do. What a bozo.

Tuffgirl 03-29-2012 08:46 AM

Wow he's really messing with your head. I would be furious and block his number from calling or texting. Or better yet get a new number. This isn't right, and I hope you can see the guy is a real jerkface for pulling a stunt like that.

kudzujean 03-29-2012 08:47 AM

Wonder why he sent you this text? To try to hurt you.

Don't read his texts any more.

nowinsituation 03-29-2012 08:49 AM

The mere fact that he felt the need to text you that information seems to indicate that it is not true. He is playing on your biggest fear, and hoping to get a reaction from you.

Adventure 03-29-2012 08:49 AM

3 words.... Block his number.......

Katiekate 03-29-2012 08:57 AM

Worry not, he will be right back to square one in no time.

He will manipulate and abuse her and her 4 kids in no time.

If he was truly the man he always wanted to be he would not have sent you that text.

tabatha 03-29-2012 08:57 AM

He found someone in three months that we wants to marry? In just three months he has made this miraculous change and in this time he is already the man he knew he could always be??? That's down right crazy. Who makes this kind of changes in just a few months time. He's delusional and I bet you will hear from him again a few months down the road about how it didn't work out the way he thought it would.

PaperDolls 03-29-2012 09:05 AM

He's just trying to manipulate you ........ I would venture to guess he's not near as happy as he's pretending to be.

Shell1370 03-29-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by justrae83 (Post 3339876)
I just got a text message this morning that made me fall back to square one and cry all over again. My ex texted me that he is the happiest he has ever been and that his new love for the new women and her 4 kids are making him be the man he always knew he could be.

A part of me is happy for him but another part of me is screaming inside, becuase all i ever wanted was for him to be that man for me and i had to endure 6 years of hard work, love, dedication and tears to only be spit out at the end like a piece of trash and he now is moving on a better person for HER.

No, he's not. If he didn't learn from his mistakes while being with you, then, history is doomed to repeat itself again. I feel sad for this new love of his.

suki44883 03-29-2012 09:15 AM

He is an ass and is only trying to hurt you. If he was truly so happy, he wouldn't be texting you at all. He's a liar in addition to being a manipulative ass.

Please block his number and stop reading these texts. They serve no useful purpose and just get you all upset, which is exactly what he wants to do. Be done with him; you can do much better.

MsPINKAcres 03-29-2012 09:20 AM

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

I'm sure several could share their stories of how this happened to them and then there are a few that could share a story about how they were the "new woman" also.

About how all was great for a few years, months or days. Yes, there were a few warning flags. . . but everything else seems so good -maybe the other will go away. . . Maybe he won't go back to his old behaviors. . . maybe he will stay this "new man" he has professed to be because of his new found recovery/discovery of life.

But little by little the old ways come back.
Little by little the quacking gets louder and louder

Yes, people can change - but usually it takes time, lots of effort and many many other resources to help them achieve those positive changes. . . If you don't see a person doing these things. . . then I might would doubt the potential for long term changes.

Honey, try to do what is healthy and best for you - sometimes distance from those things that continue to poison our lives and our recovery is the best thing we can do!

YOU deserve to be happy, joyous and FREE!!

PINK HUGS,
Rita

soberlicious 03-29-2012 09:27 AM

I agree with the others. If he's so happy, why is he bothering to text you? He's obviously trying to inflict pain, and you are accepting his offering as if you deserve it. People aren't mean to others when they are truly happy. It's a facade. Block his number. Cut bait and don't look back.

wellnowwhat 03-29-2012 09:28 AM

My wish for you is that you see what we see, that he is the same old asshat that you experienced. The new love just doesn't know it yet. He's wiped his slate clean as far as partners, but he is still the man you experienced, not the man that both of you seem to wish he was.

That text was cruel, and purposely so. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and look for a new path (not man) to happiness.

Sending you kind thoughts.

AlwaysGrowing 03-29-2012 09:30 AM

Happy for him. Now you have the option of letting go and being free. Free to enjoy life, free to be happy, free to find another who knows how to lift you up, free to find God who will never let you down, or call you names. Free!
As one door shuts another opens but it sucks being in the hall... But that is where we grow the most, find God, find healing, find peace.

AG
Been there, done that!

bailey17 03-29-2012 09:34 AM

that text message is abuse. no healthy, emotionally balanced person would EVER send a text message like that. it sounds like he is trying desperately to make himself believe that he is happy. this is all a mind game. he is trying to blame you for everything. he has still not looked inside himself and confronted the demon that lies within. he is STILL trying to drag you down, which is a gigantic indicator of his unhealthiness.
eventually one day, i will find a man who treats me the way i deserve to be treated, who does not have a substance abuse problem, and can meet me half way in life. we will get married, and i can guarantee you the last person on my mind will be my ex. i would NEVER text him about my newfound happiness, because i do not need him to validate me. i will share those moments with the people that i love, like my friends and family. not try to make someone else feel bad. he sounds like a mess.
your ex sounds incredibly toxic. how would his new partner feel about him texting you? he sounds awful, and changing your number sounds like a good idea. don't let this one setback get you completely down. you care enough about yourself to reach out for help during this difficult time. and that text message is clearly abuse.
be strong, you are something special and deserve being treated amazingly!

nodaybut2day 03-29-2012 09:55 AM

STOP. COMMUNICATING. WITH. HIM.

He is being cruel. The communication brings you nothing. zip. zilch. zero. Absolument rien!

stepsforward 03-29-2012 10:03 AM

If he was that happy he wouldnt have texted you. change your number or block his number