SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT: Need some SR lovin' (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/251617-ot-need-some-sr-lovin.html)

nodaybut2day 03-16-2012 08:10 AM

OT: Need some SR lovin'

Hi SR family. I'm sorry I'm not present as much on the forum. I have been reading lots but not posting as often.

Today is a particularly rough day. I've been dumped. I feel abandoned, sad and rejected. I have been repeating the serenity prayer a lot to try to comfort myself, but really, I could use some SR loving.

m1k3 03-16-2012 08:36 AM

Big ((((HUGS)))) from your old, fat, runner friend.

How could anyone dump someone with a great set of pipes? :)

I know this is tuff but you have many friends here and you are loved.

Please feel free to PM me if that would help.

Your friend,

nodaybut2day 03-16-2012 08:42 AM

You know, I really wish I knew what everyone here looks like...it helps me to put faces to names, and to imagine getting hugs from people.

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the hugs.

stillsleeping 03-16-2012 08:44 AM

Hi hon,

We've never met before (I don't think?) but here comes big hugs from the other side of the Atlantic ... and release!

Stay strong girl

Still
xx

wicked 03-16-2012 08:45 AM

I am very sorry you are feeling low, NoDay.

You have helped me so much on this forum, your growth and honesty have been gifts to me while I struggle with codependency.

You are a kind and loving person with a great sense of humor.
His loss.

I wish I had something perfect to say, but if I wait for that I will say nothing.
I am sorry NDBT.

Beth

Pelican 03-16-2012 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day (Post 3322544)
I really wish I knew what everyone here looks like....

Well, I have a really big beak, and flat feet......:lmao

Sorry to hear about being dumped.

Be gentle with yourself and give time for grieving the loss. A few positive affirmations may also help:

I approve of me. I approve of me.

also:

Love is everywhere,
I am loving and I am lovable.

nodaybut2day 03-16-2012 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pelican (Post 3322553)

Like this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tures_pics.jpg

Thlayli 03-16-2012 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Pelican (Post 3322553)

That's what I was thinking :)

Hugs from the sock monkeys!

MyBetterWorld 03-16-2012 09:38 AM

AWW, BOO! Being dumped sucks. I'm sorry.

fedup3 03-16-2012 09:47 AM

just think that he had some very dark secrets and you're way better off without him.
((((HUGS)))))

painterman 03-16-2012 10:12 AM

Here's another hug from the other side of the Atlantic, a big hearty one to chear you up-don't worry, you are not alone, there are plenty of us who have been feeling similar pain. Hang on till things turn around, as they always will (it's just sometimes hard to think that way when you are in the middle of a crisis)

theuncertainty 03-16-2012 12:13 PM

Sending, big bear hugs, Noday. I think we need a girls night out -- or maybe an SR F&F night out. I know a lovely little coffee shop here that makes the best chai tea and sells the most wonderful gelato. ;) Alaska's not too far, is it? :)

:grouphug:

nodaybut2day 03-16-2012 12:16 PM

Since I'm in Quebec, maybe we could meet someplace in the middle, like uh, Saskatchewan?

StarCat 03-16-2012 12:41 PM

:hug:
You are a wonderful woman with a lot to offer in a relationship, and you deserve someone who recognizes this and has the respect to offer a lot back.
When the time is right, you'll discover the right person.
Until then... :hug: Do something nice for yourself! You're worth it!

Tuffgirl 03-16-2012 02:18 PM

Big hugs from Alaska. Being duped sucks. But - at the risk of sounding cliche - when our HP closes one door, another opens. Be on the lookout!

I have to laugh when I think of what I must "look" like - with a name like tuffgirl and being from Alaska - I envision a lot of you probably think of Sarah Palin, smiling over her caribou carcass - shotgun across her lap. Nope, not me. I carry a pistol. LOL! ; )

naive 03-16-2012 02:29 PM

noday-

i never told you this but i am from levis, across the saint lawrence river from quebec.

if you got dumped, then i would say he was not ready for your beautiful honesty and self-sufficincey.

please don't let this reflect on your beautiful self. you rock. i've been with you now for 3 years and am well qualified to make such statement.

yours sincerely,
naive

LifeRecovery 03-16-2012 03:02 PM

Just sending kind thoughts your way. I know this is not easy, but I also know after reading your posts here that you will use this as an opportunity for further growth. Unfortunately sometimes that comes with a little hurt.

tjp613 03-16-2012 06:01 PM

All I can say is he must have a freaking screw loose. You're an amazing woman and if he let go of that he has to be some kind of idiot. HP must have someone perfect for you waiting and waiting for you to get free....

It's all good, sweetie, but I also know you're feeling a little bruised. I sure do wish we could have a cup of coffee! Ever feel like a visit to Texas?

What do I look like? Well when I was 25 people told me ALL the time that I looked like Princess Diana! I'm twice that age now and I look more like Rosie O'donnell! Life can be cruel that way! LOL

:grouphug:

Zoenob 03-16-2012 07:11 PM

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. Hugs from the Deep South. Hang in there.