SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   This is bad (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/364236-bad.html)

Bh28 04-08-2015 07:30 AM

This is bad

Feeling like poo every morning. I don't even eat.

wheresthefun 04-08-2015 07:36 AM

There were many things going on with me towards the end of my drinking, but when I stopped eating... that's when I knew I was in big trouble.

What are you going to do?

IOAA2 04-08-2015 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bh28 (Post 5307113)

Hi.
It’s been observed that if we don’t take toxic substances into our systems things usually turn out much better. Sort of like touching a hot stove, we usually don’t do it again.

BE WELL

zjw 04-08-2015 07:37 AM

I had to force myself to eat breakfast even if it was something small and mild a single banana or a single piece of toast or even just a glass of juice just getting those few carb calories in me to get me kick started helped. Now its routine for me to eat a large breakfast.

I hope you feel better.

MIRecovery 04-08-2015 07:39 AM

It doesn't have to be that way. We can get off the alcoholic elevator anytime we want or we can take it all the way to the basement.

We will continue to go down until we eliminate alcohol from our lives

Axiom 04-08-2015 08:07 AM

I've been there bud. The final months of my drinking eating was hardly on my mind. When I stopped drinking it got better.

doggonecarl 04-08-2015 08:19 AM

Day three. Be patient. Seeing a doctor would be my suggestion if you are concerned it's withdrawal related.

Bh28 04-08-2015 09:39 AM

where is the 24/7 thread? I need some support.

Bh28 04-08-2015 09:45 AM

I'm doing this without medical assistant you know. Cold turkey. I will not wait for a doc to refer me to hosp, which could take months.

dwtbd 04-08-2015 09:47 AM

did you try the chat room?

dwtbd 04-08-2015 09:48 AM

If its a medical concern, go to an ER

dwtbd 04-08-2015 09:49 AM

medical concerns are medical concerns, causes are secondary

Bh28 04-08-2015 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by dwtbd (Post 5307347)
did you try the chat room?

No mate. Too shy. Especially with opo sex.

I can be helped. But there is no one to support or guide me.

I push girls away every day. All the time.

And I'm very handsome. (Not beingbig headed).

It's the truth.

Soberwolf 04-08-2015 10:16 AM

Heres the 24h thread my friend http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-50-a.html

thomas11 04-08-2015 11:23 AM

hi bh, I went back and read through some of your threads. It appears you've been battling awhile. At some point, I think you have to either make up your mind and stay firm, or throw your rear end into treatment if you truly want to get better. But I understand, it very difficult to stay away from the booze.

If you are feeling like crap, a doctor visit wouldn't hurt. But if it is only day 3, you may need a couple more?

zjw 04-08-2015 11:31 AM

for what its worth many times in the begining i was just pushing through knocking down days. I was in a fog not really knowing why i was bothering staying sober cuase well it sucked but so did drinking. I just kept pushing forward hoping that this "better sober life" was really for real and that i'd one day find it. I figured if i didnt i'd just blow my brains out. No big loss either way I figured. I was damned if i do damned if i didnt. I basicly felt utterly screwed.

But in time it got a teeny teeny tiny bit better. I'd look back after a month sober and thought well this still sucks but i guess it is a teeny bit better. and I pushed on for another day then another month etc.. Now I can say life is a lot better being sober. But it was slow go in the begining for me I wont lie.

Hang in there. It does get better.

Dee74 04-08-2015 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bh28 (Post 5307357)
No mate. Too shy. Especially with opo sex.

I can be helped. But there is no one to support or guide me.

I push girls away every day. All the time.

And I'm very handsome. (Not beingbig headed).

It's the truth.

The chat rooms not about hooking up lol :)
You've spoken to some female SR folks in your threads - chat's no different, BH :)

D

AddictGuy 04-08-2015 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by zjw (Post 5307503)
for what its worth many times in the begining i was just pushing through knocking down days. I was in a fog not really knowing why i was bothering staying sober cuase well it sucked but so did drinking. I just kept pushing forward hoping that this "better sober life" was really for real and that i'd one day find it. I figured if i didnt i'd just blow my brains out. No big loss either way I figured. I was damned if i do damned if i didnt. I basicly felt utterly screwed.

But in time it got a teeny teeny tiny bit better. I'd look back after a month sober and thought well this still sucks but i guess it is a teeny bit better. and I pushed on for another day then another month etc.. Now I can say life is a lot better being sober. But it was slow go in the begining for me I wont lie.

Hang in there. It does get better.

what zjw said. I was like, ok everything sucks all of the time no matter what. so why don't i just do the right things for myself because they are the right things. I didn't even care if doing the right things killed me. i was living a death anyway. I did some of the greatest self-reclamation work when i just didn't care how it felt anymore. And what do you know? things got better. Way, better. I got well.

Bh28 04-09-2015 11:32 AM

Day 4.

Bh28 04-09-2015 11:41 AM

Thanks guys. I just can't type properly at the minute. I am not thick, just messed up.