SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   % - percentage of my sobriety owed to this site ? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/361809-percentage-my-sobriety-owed-site.html)

Snarly 09-28-2016 06:33 PM

Hi newbie here.

I am a data analyst junky.

I saw this and I'm like...... first pass cool survey.

After reading through the posts it became clear that there is a definite correlation between days sober and relevance of this forum. (sounds almost ejumacated :e070:

Throw in variables such as relapses, number of posts, time as a member, AA, Religion - you see how this could go.

Being a very unproud member of the multi relapse crew, I wish I had joined this site many years ago.

The simple idea is that some newly sober members like me are holed up with their computer anxious for the next post. So I'm in crisis...this site is up over 80%.

Members who are comfortable in their sobriety probably have a variety of support functions. So maybe they score this forum less, but it is most likely still a haven and tool in times of crisis.

Another survey idea would be to put together a list of tools-have members identify which tools they use and then rank them (kind of like a pie chart).

Sorry for the ramble, but I love this kind of stuff.

:a043: Snarly
Tell me to be quiet and put me in time out.

Outonthetiles 09-28-2016 06:35 PM

SR and the people here saved my life. So 100 percent of sobriety is due to SR.

GnikNus 09-28-2016 07:53 PM

100%.

Whodathunk 09-28-2016 08:02 PM

I don't measure. There are a few different resources that at any given time individually or collectively help to keep me from drinking. Neither is more or less important then the other, they each have played a very important part at any given time.

Important? ABSOLUTELY!!!!! This is a fantastic site. But I can't place a percentage on it. There is this site, AA, prayer, a very close friend I have, my HP, exercise, chocolate, Topochico fizzy water, driving, meditation, alone time....and on and on.

BullDog777 09-29-2016 09:08 PM

a BIG part. I may not post alot, but I'm usually reading these boards several times a day.

so :tyou SR community for being there.

JesseJe 10-02-2016 08:34 PM

I reached out to this site 4 years ago when I first started realizing my drinking was getting out of control. The community of kind encouraging people planted a seed within me and as I trodded along the seed grew and grew until I came back and with the help again of this incredibly supportive and inspiring community, I was able to quit for good.

It's been over 2 months wonderfully sober now and I'm not sure I could have done it without this site. I don't know any sober people and reaching out to even strangers and finding support has been so incredibly helpful.
THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Mountainmanbob 01-16-2017 06:48 AM

Interesting according to our poll many of the ones here on site attribute most of their sobriety to this site.

My thoughts regarding the question raised change over time.
Today I'd say 25% of my sober tools are found here on site.
M-Bob

Jimmy58 01-17-2017 03:05 AM

Got sober on my own after many many attempts. Found this site 11 months into last shot at soberity. Dont have a percentage number but I am very thankful for sober recovery and all of its awesome members!

shortstop81 01-17-2017 06:51 AM

I don't think I've ever answered this poll. I put 26-40%.

SR coupled with medications, AA, my sponsor, and my sober support system.

Fusion 01-17-2017 08:46 AM

I do realise the poll is about using SR to reinforce sobriety but, I'm answering the OP heading 'what percentage of your sobriety is owed to SR'.

I stopped drinking on my own, by using Rational Recovery's 'Addictive Voice Recognition Technique' (with a background of a 20 year daily alcohol addiction; for which I sought relief from a variety of sources, to include working the AA Steps twice to no avail) yet I attribute my sobriety 100% to this site.

The reason being, I'd encountered RR years ago, but never tried AVRT. As a consequence of reading the RR AVRT threads in the Secular Connections part of SR, I started my own thread and then, spurred on, I took a leap of faith and learnt and applied AVRT and made a Big Plan: consequently, I'm no longer a drinker.

Therefore, if I hadn't read SR, I'd never have encountered the proof that AVRT works and would've missed the opportunity to apply it, successfully. Thank you SR and all Secular Connections inhabitants. :You_Rock_

Mountainmanbob 01-19-2017 08:04 AM

To this site today -- I will guess 30% ???
M-Bob

Fusion 01-19-2017 10:21 AM

To this site today - still certain it's 100%.

ardy 01-19-2017 01:17 PM

right this minute in time
85% sports talk radio ekekekekekekek run run run

SWTPEA61 01-22-2017 07:25 PM

I chose 60-80%......
Because this is the only support i receive I also read books and read on line but, I believe I would have tried to drink again if I hadn't heard the horrible stories of relapse.

RevivingOphelia 01-23-2017 05:04 AM

90 % this site
10 % recovery memoirs

Mountainmanbob 01-23-2017 07:26 AM

20% today.
That raises my sober odds.
M-Bob

Mountainmanbob 01-24-2017 07:13 AM

Let's see, maybe I come spend an hour here on site per day.
That would be around 5% of my day.
Some of what I read here reminds me throughout the day of sobriety.
I'll give that a 10%.

5%
10%

A nice sober day wished for all,
M-Bob

Upstairs 01-24-2017 08:37 AM

Well, stated. SR really has helped to reinforce my sobriety. There's a sense of community here plus I read up on ways to stay sober on situations I haven't encountered yet, how to keep yourself busy day to day, etc etc

Mountainmanbob 01-27-2017 05:23 AM

I know that this % thing is a hard one to call at times, possibly next to impossible?

Maybe for me it's kind of a litmus test.
If I'm still here posting and thinking about my sobriety.
I probably won't drink today.
That means a lot to me -- keeping sobriety in the front of my mind.

A reading regarding this site of 35% on this early morning.

A nice sober day wished for all,
M-Bob