SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   % - percentage of my sobriety owed to this site ? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/361809-percentage-my-sobriety-owed-site.html)

Bostonsportsfan 03-25-2015 07:34 PM

SR has helped me, and I voted 6-10%. My faith, family, and real life friends have helped, along with SR. SR has been one of my resources and I'll continue to come here.

Mountainmanbob 05-09-2015 07:26 AM

% this site is reminding me to stay sober today I would put at 75%

Here lately I've been doing less AA.
Each and every day I come to this site often.
Reminds me of how it was, what happened and how it is today.

% this site is reminding me to stay sober today I would put at 75%

M-Bob

GnikNus 05-09-2015 09:50 AM

High percentage for me- since I've used no other resources, that would put my percentage at 100. This site helped get me sober and has helped keep me that way.
I log on first thing in the morning and again right before bedtime.

Mountainmanbob 05-09-2015 10:19 AM

I log on here at least 10 times a day. These new phones make it so easy.
MM

Bluebird1927 05-09-2015 10:37 AM

80% for me, the new mobile app is a God send

Mountainmanbob 07-06-2015 06:03 AM

Poll: % - percentage of my sobriety owed to this site ?

It changes weekly
this week I would put it at around 30 %
giving God most of the credit today.
MM

GnikNus 07-06-2015 07:03 AM

I owe my initial and continued sobriety to finding this site. Without it, I'd probably still be drinking.

Quirky 07-06-2015 08:01 AM

Sr is really my only support..

Dharma33 07-06-2015 09:07 AM

I am sober close to 2 months because of SR!

As a sidebar for me participation is key. I do participate in forums, chat, and meetings, as well as read past posts and Stickies. I was a lurker for a while-it didn't keep me sober. I had to jump in and do some work with what was laid out on these pages.

Thank you SR and MM for the poll!

ChiefBromden 07-06-2015 03:57 PM

It has become a ritual for me to read here every evening before bed. I was 18 months sober when I found this site, but still it's hugely important to me, and I'll probably keep coming here for the next few years. Sobriety isn't static, comprehension changes over the months and years, and reading (and sometimes posting) keeps me grounded, helps me process, helps me understand. I can't put a percentage on it, but it's very important to me, and I also appreciate the work of the moderators/admins and users.

MelindaFlowers 07-06-2015 05:05 PM

I think I've posted on this thread before but I've had more time to reflect and I honestly don't know if I could have made it without the support and people here. They showed me that it is possible to get and stay sober.

I think when I was on my own without this site I was suffering from some serious terminal uniqueness. I honestly didn't really know that there were other people out there in the world who needed three quarters of a fifth of vodka just to get through an evening at home on a Sunday night. Make that seven days a week.

I used to think I would be able just to stop on my own and I never really believed in needing support but boy has that changed.

Wholesome 07-06-2015 05:42 PM

This is the only support I use and where I learned about RR so I credit it with my sobriety today.

mystified 07-06-2015 10:23 PM

If I hadn't found sr I'd probably still be drinking. That's how important it is to me.

airwick 07-07-2015 05:31 AM

50%----Have to give myself at least 1/2 of the credit :) I'm working my ass off to stay sober. It's up to me!!!!! I believe in me, I'm the one saying "no", I control my own destiny.

-----just my opinion-----

BlueFairy 07-16-2015 11:39 AM

Considering it was here I found the recommendation for Allen Carr's book I voted the highest one. Also there's so much that goes along with quitting drinking I didn't realize-- withdrawal stuff, PAWS, AV etc. I think I'd still be sober but I wouldn't be as well off as I am now-- I'd be feeling deprived, wouldn't get the sugar cravings, tiredness ad be more frustrated. I think I'd eventually give in if it wasn't for this board. :You_Rock_
:tyou

Mountainmanbob 07-29-2015 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers (Post 5454873)
I was suffering from some serious terminal uniqueness.

Still something that I battle with even in sobriety from time to time.
But, at least I can put up a good fight while sober today.

This site helps me to stay fresh in my Recovery.
I could never pay back what I have freely received here.

MM

D122y 07-30-2015 01:38 AM

This site saved my life as I know it. The information on withdrawals was priceless. I remember a post saying "give it 3 months" before you start to feel normal. Another one offering advice on drinking lots of water, eating healthy, and taking vitamins. So much information, digestible on my time and terms. Since I work a job that requires me to be drug free, if I had to see a doctor I would have probably lost my job.

I feel a little better each day and each day is adding up to feeling a lot better. I hate booze. It is a toxin.

stephendu 08-09-2015 06:50 PM

I'd probably have to say 0%. It's a good site, but I have to give myself 100% of the credit.

Rio97 08-09-2015 06:55 PM

This site provides a sound mind to combat my sketchy, alcoholic thinking. The feedback from those also going thru it and who have gone thru it before is priceless. No question it's helped keep me sober for the past week.

FlyerFan 08-11-2015 02:13 PM

In the beginning I would have said 100%, but today, almost 4 years sober I have to be honest I don't come on here as much as I used to. My sobriety today is because I force myself to get out of the house and go to meetings. If I stop going to my meetings I very quickly become an unhappy person and things will just spiral down from there.

That being said I love this place! I came here when I was too fearful to venture outside and go anywhere, let alone a meeting full of strangers! I feel like today i would vote in the 10% range. Still very helpful but most of my happiness and sobriety depends on the work I do on me.