SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   CarolD (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/284482-carold.html)

EternalQ 02-16-2013 08:25 PM

Carol...

I've really missed her and feared this day was coming. ... I loved hearing about her nightly snacks or music she was listening to on the daily gratitudes.

She was so genuine. She was the real deal and very brave. She never showed, as far as i read, a sliver of self pity for her illness. Everynight she searched herself to review her day to make sure no amends were needed by her. It always astonished me. Thank you Carol for giving so much.

She was the first to welcome me also on SR. Immediately after signing up I got a welcome message. I hope there is a better place. If there is, I am sure she is there, and we can be sure a big welcome sign was waiting for her.

May we pay forward what she gave to us.

Ajax 02-16-2013 08:30 PM

Somewhere among the stars
CarolD is spray painting her name.

How lucky SR was to have her.
She won't be forgotten.

Rest Peacefully~

britabroad 02-16-2013 09:12 PM

I am rubbish, I've lurked here on and off for years and posted recently but not followed through properly on anything.

I noticed recently that CarolD hadn't posted and I did wonder if she was OK. I am so sad to read of her passing.

The sober life she had led since (I think, please do correct me if I'm wrong) sometime in the 1980s was a huge inspiration for those of us maybe starting out on the journey to sobriety or at least thinking about our relationship to alcohol.

I have no doubt that Carol saved lives by her presence here, so too do Dee and Anna and countless others daily.

Grymt 02-16-2013 09:24 PM

I don't know what to say.

Rest In Peace...

laurie6781 02-16-2013 09:28 PM

When I got my first home computer in 1999 one of the first things I did was
look for 'recovery sites' on line. I found one called "Another Empty Bottle"
that was fairly busy and had chat and lots of meetings.

It was at "AEB" that I met Carol. Yep 14 years ago. She was the one who
found "Sober Recovery" and as "AEB" started to slow down (the owner of
the site was becoming ill) Carol mentioned to several of us about SR. I
did join. Then back in '04 the site had a major malfunction and some of us
had to re-register.

R.I.P. my dear friend. I know you will continue to watch over us and share
your ES&H from afar.

Lots of love and bunches of hugs,

MrDavid 02-16-2013 09:33 PM

Re:Carol

Once you choose hope anything is possible. Thanks, dear, for reminding me of that. Rest in peace...

instant 02-16-2013 09:35 PM

Carol leaves a legacy that is cherished.

RobbyRobot 02-16-2013 09:37 PM

Sad news to hear of her passing. Carol was always up front and real with me when she helped me out. I always appreciated her kindness in her accepting of my right to be "me" here on SR. Carol cared about everybody, and took time to make sure people felt cared about. I always respected Carol's generous work here at SR, and she understood how important listening to others share their story is for the love to grow and flow in these forums. She had great faith in all of us. How very beautiful of her.

Thank you deeply for you being yourself, Carol. You're much loved, and truly missed, and well remembered. Be with God, good lady, always and forever. <3

sunrise1 02-16-2013 10:35 PM

Thank you Carol for your experience, strength and hope. I will miss you.

Nineteen67 02-17-2013 12:27 AM

Very sorry to hear that, she seemed a very genuine, caring person.
She undoubtedly helped a lot of people on these forums.

RIP Carol.

Elisabeth888 02-17-2013 05:38 AM

I am very sad to learn this. She was a special lady indeed.

Impurrfect 02-17-2013 05:56 AM

((MG)) - Though very sad news, thank you for letting us know.

((Carol)) was a great lady, a true inspiration and her words and her legacy will live on, forever, in those of us blessed enough to have gotten to know her.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Astro 02-17-2013 07:36 AM

A memory I will cherish forever....traveling to Georgia to visit family, and taking a drive to Dallas, GA just to meet Carol at an AA meeting. It was held in the basement of an antique store. I can say with absolute certainty that Carol was an "AA Angel", she reached out to everyone she met and shared the message of recovery.

Some of you have mentioned how Carol would greet every new member here personally, I don't think she missed anyone. Incredible.

I've always said that when God takes someone in recovery it's because he needs a new sponsor to help out the newcomers in heaven. I have no doubt that Carol's as busy as ever.

Goodbye, beautiful lady :hug:

Klp9999 02-17-2013 07:50 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this, she gave me advice I didn't follow the first time around.

indakut 02-17-2013 08:17 AM

RIH Carol. You were very instrumental in my quest to sobriety. You will be missed :c021: :sad:

expenguin 02-17-2013 08:25 AM

Wow... didn't know CarolD was gone to gain those Angel Wings she so wanted.... I will miss her around here as she helped me keep my feet facing forward at times.... such an inspiration to so many of us...

RIP CarolD.... you are safe and resting more ...but you are still watching over us here at SR helping lift that hand to post here like we always do each day we come back.....

Love and Hugs for you CarolD.... and all those that remember this special lady we will always remember.........

lillyknitting 02-17-2013 08:33 AM

I'm really shocked and upset. She helped me when my little dog susie died. God bless Carol and all her family and loved ones x

Muunray 02-17-2013 09:01 AM

I've been missing her.
Forward is the right direction.

SSIL75 02-17-2013 09:05 AM

Rest in peace, Carol.

foodie1 02-17-2013 09:35 AM

Very sad news indeed, Rest in Peace Carol :candle6D: