SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   CarolD (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/284482-carold.html)

hypochondriac 02-16-2013 01:27 PM

So sad to hear this. She will be greatly missed here xxx

SDSurfn 02-16-2013 01:27 PM

Carol was indeed a shining light.

Her light shines on another plane now.

She would always post in my earlier desperate threads to send prayers and strength. I will always remember that.

I hope to give her a big thank you hug someday.

Yes, forward we go, Carol, side by side.

Sasha4 02-16-2013 01:36 PM

Oh no. I am sad about the passing of Carol.
She welcomed me when I first arrived too, along with many other kind members.

I know Carol had suffered from ill health recently. I hope her passing was peaceful and she was surrounded by all those that loved her.

I feel that Carol will never be truly gone from sober recovery, her wise words, influence and kindness will stay here for a long, long time through all the caring posts she wrote. And we should all feel very lucky that we have that lasting memory of her.

Rest in peace dearest Carol XXXX

Justfor1 02-16-2013 01:36 PM

CarolD did a lot here at SR for a long time. She will be missed. Rest In Peace Carold

MyTimeNow 02-16-2013 02:04 PM

I am so sad to read this. Carol left an amazing legacy and no doubt saved lives.

My thoughts are with her family, her friends, and all those she reached out to and touched here on SR.

Rest In Peace Carol. X

Ghostly 02-16-2013 02:10 PM

Thank you for all the support Carol. You helped so many, including me. RIP.

Fandy 02-16-2013 02:14 PM

Carol (and Anna) were very very kind and always responded to me when I first joined SR...exactly 3 years ago.

I always met up with Carol in the Grats section everyday. She loved her ice tea and football. I do hope her son and family are OK.

I know Carol's spirit is still here everyday.

freshstart57 02-16-2013 02:32 PM

Time is too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice,
But for those who love, time is
Eternity.

CarolD most certainly loved and loved well. My deepest condolences to her family and to those who loved and knew her. God Bless.

Pondlady 02-16-2013 02:48 PM

Very sad to read this. I was just wondering about her health the other day. She was very kind, wise and positive. I only knew her a short time here, but you didn't have to know her long to know she was special.

chicory 02-16-2013 03:12 PM

My most sincere condolences to her family. How they must be feeling, to lose one so awesome.

What she gave to others here will have lasting results. She gave so much encouragement, and tender compassion to those who needed it so badly.

Rest well , CarolD. Oh how you will be missed.

hugs,
chicory

nel68 02-16-2013 03:39 PM

I am so sad by this, may she rest in peace. :candle6D::flow: Such a angel here on SR she was, my thoughts and prayers for her family.

slimjim30 02-16-2013 04:08 PM

This is such sad news.

I've been coming here since 2005 or 2006 (I had an earlier account). Took me until 2011 to really sort myself out.

CarolD was consistent throughout that time. Every time I came back looking for help she was there with kind words.

There was just something about that wise lady. RIP.

suki44883 02-16-2013 04:13 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about Carol. She was such an inspiration around here to so many people. Such a special lady. Rest in peace, dear Carol. :Flower:

Rusty Zipper 02-16-2013 06:01 PM

geeze MG!

thanks for the sad update,

and miss carol, you will be missed

RIP

sugarbear1 02-16-2013 06:13 PM

Carol touched my life in such a wonderful way. She will always be in my heart and I shall try to pass her compassion and kindness on to others.

LadyinBC 02-16-2013 06:25 PM

Rest in peace CarolD. Keeping her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

Veritas1 02-16-2013 06:27 PM

Thank you Carol. Carol was always there for me over the years. We talked many times in pm.

I just thought of her today when I saw her Halloween avatar, and thought that wasn't like her to not update it.

She loved the holiday avatars!

I was just reading her AA power posts yesterday. Just thanked her hoping she would see it someday.

And now I read she is gone.

Well all of her posts will live on.

I had a sense of her today. I wondered if she was sick when I saw the old avatar.

She had encouraged me to try lamplighters and I was suggesting that to someone in a pm and again, there she was.

I think the best thing she taught me was how to be good to myself. She would tell me after a binge to try to take a hot shower to feel better.

She would always say she hoped the best for me, she would say the three of you, since she knew my family size. She helped me to see it wasn't just about me.

I know she loved me. I loved her.

Goodbye Carol.

With the angels, I know you are.

Look over me friend.:flower5:
In Jesus Name, V

john44 02-16-2013 06:55 PM

I'm deeply saddened to hear this. Carol always had an encouraging, kind word for me. What a strong, upbeat, ALIVE lady!

I believe she is wrapped in God's loving arms now and is at peace.

Thank you Carol.

John

Sudz No More 02-16-2013 07:08 PM

Carol was one of my first mentors as I began my journey into sobriety. She welcomed me here and always had a response when I needed one. Sometimes it was tough love but I understood and appreciated that. I remember once after a small bit of back and forth posts she finally wrote. Why don't we enjoy another sober evening? It made me smile and that was just what I did that night.

She was a shining light here and I will miss her. Rest in Peace Carol.

least 02-16-2013 07:12 PM

I am so sad to hear this. Carol reached out to me when I first came here. She gave so much to all the members here. She will be missed.:(