SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Tell me something.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/244071-tell-me-something.html)

Tippingpoint 12-22-2011 07:31 PM

I ran my first marathon this summer (4 months after I quit drinking). I did it in 3 hours and 27 minutes - a time that I'm proud of.

I think I've just recently developed allergies at the age of 43. Worse yet, the main irritant seems to be my 13 year old Labrador Retriever.

AskMeLater 12-22-2011 09:51 PM

I use to skate with with SF Bay Bombers (Roller Derby) along side Joan Weston.

LeeK 12-29-2011 12:59 AM

I love music, fishing, and animals (particularly cats and dogs). And as of recently I'm a daddy to a beautiful little girl :)

InsertNameHere 12-29-2011 01:21 AM

I have spent just shy of five of the last seven seven years living abroad in five diffrent countries and im not done yet. Mostly my hobbies are playing computer games, watching movies, cooking, and reading. usually in that order.

INH

Peter G 12-29-2011 02:11 AM

I won 3 Juno awards some time ago (before I became an incoherent pi$$tank of course). Canadians will likely know what that award is all about (ah?). :) Aside from that I row every day for at least an hour (started recently) and play Call Of Duty MW3 more than any grown man ever should. :groan

ForeverDecember 12-29-2011 02:16 AM

Some things about me:

1) I had to google "Sheetrock" because I initially read it with the pronounciation "Shee-trock" and thought it was an Irish thing 0_o
2) Likewise "Juno Award" XD Not my day for knowing stuffs :)
3) Also am addicted to a certain MMORPG (*cough85shammycough*)
4) Do not have a musical bone in my body, much to my bitter dissapointment
5) Am 29 years old and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Peter G 12-29-2011 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Deserto (Post 3214737)
I'm a river rat. I rowed the Grand Canyon.

Absolutely rocking Deserto! Rowing the Grand Canyon has seriously been on my bucket list since I was about 15 years old. :scoregood

SparklingSeven 12-29-2011 03:32 AM

I have a crazy cat and a 3 legged guinea pig.

I've written a novel no-one wants to publish lol

I kayaked the River Tweed for charity recently but am not sporty lol

Stu.

InsertNameHere 12-29-2011 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember (Post 3221119)
Some things about me:

1) I had to google "Sheetrock" because I initially read it with the pronounciation "Shee-trock" and thought it was an Irish thing 0_o
5) Am 29 years old and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Holy cow I can't belive that I read it that way as well until you posted this and I have hung sheet rock before!

On the second one don't worry same here, so far I am just passing the time going with what works.

INH

dawnrunner 12-29-2011 04:30 AM

I have a chubby palomino horse with whom I go horse camping and trail riding. He is always clean and sober. :) And an inspiration to me with his cheerful heart.

foodie1 12-29-2011 08:06 AM

I love to cook and eat delicious food. I'm a crossword junkie. I have a fat cat that I love just as much as my husband, don't tell him that, lol. I love to travel and learn about people and their culture. I love this thread.

theatredork 12-29-2011 08:09 AM

I work for the government. Small local office.

wheresthefun 12-29-2011 09:15 AM

My wife and I "flipped" a house, this past year... in this crap market... I think we made a profit of about $6.79 - THAT'S IN AMERICAN CASH, BABY!!!!!! :c029:

Yes, great thread, nice to see a totally positive thread (except for the sarcasm, from this wheresthefun chuckle head :wink3:).

cervelo 12-29-2011 09:27 AM

I have an amazing wife and 1 year old son.

Used to be in health care...now day-trade for a living and triathlons for fun.

soberlicious 12-29-2011 09:55 AM

I have triplet boys. I make soap from scratch the old fashioned way. I am a hippie born in the wrong era, but I have a love of high heeled shoes that borders on obsession... a tattooed soccer mom, a laid back adrenaline junkie. I'm a walking contradiction in terms.

Very cool thread...very cool people!!

blackoutgirl 12-29-2011 09:57 AM

I was in the Navy for four years 1997-2001. Served on a Guided Missile Cruiser for 18 months, USS Shiloh. Now I am an RN and bought a house 2 years ago. I love my dogs, Ernie, a Boston Terrier, and Oliver, a German Shorthair Pointer mix:-)

FT 12-29-2011 10:00 AM

I am a hippie born in the RIGHT era! Join me ANY time, soberlicious!

Just to PROVE it, I never stopped being a college student, except once in awhile when I stopped long enough to have babies, throw pots, and be a stay-at-home-mom.

That makes me a 60 year old university student -- yeah, the weird one -- what's SHE doing here???????? (Especially when I have on my 7" red sequin spike heels and Nordic horns helmet on.)

FT

bmwcycle 12-29-2011 10:18 AM

I can juggle and have caught a 1000 pound fish!

Great Thread, thanks Fatty

onlythetruth 12-29-2011 10:48 AM

For exercise, I'm into cycling like lots of others here! It's a great sport. I've done many century rides but no double centuries. Even if my legs could take it, my butt could not!

Beyond that I love cooking and reading. I think I was born with a spatula in one hand and a book in the other!

c49 12-29-2011 06:33 PM

I am an excellent breeder