View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tiredbusymom
Paused

crayolamom-I think I am living your life. We separated for two years. We all live together now. The drinking stops when I make threats, but always starts again.
About two months ago I decided that my children and I didn't deserve to live that way. I asked him to leave. He agreed, but needed a little time to find a place to live. I agreed. Afterall, he is the father of my kids. The girls and I went on vacation for two weeks and came home to find him sober and investigating AA. He still has not gone to a live meeting, but is using this site. I am now in the position of deciding if I should give him the chance to recover. I don't want to make him leave if this is an honest attempt to change his life.
I really understand the guilt. When I made my decision a few months ago, I was almost elated to have finally made a choice for myself. Of course there was guilt about kicking a person with a disease out of the house. Then, I found thhis site, and discovered how many of us live with this disease and the guilt. Go to the power post and read the hooks that keep us boudry-less in relationships. It may be an eye opener.
I hope you can find some peace in YOUR desicions.