Thread: Why not AA?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doodlebug

Why not AA?

Please.... Please.. Do NOT use this thread to fight or debate AA vs no AA. I am really only interested in those who choose to Not attend AA meetings and their reasons. I'm only interested in that. I have read lots or reasons why people have chosen AA and appreciate that input, then the treads seem to deteriorate into an argument. I am not anti AA. I am only trying to see if other people have the same reasons for not going as I do. Please just state why and try to remain as dispasionate as possible. Here are my reasons.

I have not attended AA because the thought of it is embarrassing to me. I am very very private and do not want to share anything face to face about my drinking.

The 12 steps scare me. Especially 8 and 9 They don't seem to have anything to do with staying sober, and I'm not going to do them.

I have been sober now 78 days. I started reading and posting here and it has helped me immensely. I like being annonomous. I don't mind sharing, but none of you can see me. None of you know me, and that's basically why I haven't gone to AA Some of you seem to have other reasons. But I have no predjudices against it. Basically the two reasons I have listed are the only ones I have.