Thread: hope (i hope)
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lollipop

Hi Oreo and welcome to SR!!

Ohhhhhhh the "good ole' vics" I love the way they make me feel but am really fortunate that I cant take them due to an allergy but I can relate to you. On the withdrawls, I have a friend who is terminally ill ( last stage cancer) and the doctors were giving him literally an inlimited supply.......until the night he took 4 7s plus oxys, morphine, and muscle relaxers which he washed down with a rum and coke.......he honestly didnt know he was doing anything wrong because he was taking the "allowed" amount. Hubby and I found him unconscious an hour later and he woke up to us, 2 cops, and 3 paremedics standing over his bed.......anyway, thats when we went to the docs and redid the medicine plan.....

The first thing they did was stop the vics......his withdrawls lasted about a week and consisted of, diarrhea, dry mouth headache, loss of appetite, shakes, dizziness, sleeplessness, depression.

For him and I would reccomend to you, first off, if you can seek the advice of a doctor!!!!! This is so important when detoxing from anything!!!! Keep plenty of juice or gatorade and easy fingerfoods handy, during your worst times, try to keep busy, Drink plenty of water!!! Get rid of those phone contacts so that when the temptation strikes, you cant pick up the phone and make the deal. Find a meeting or therapist or both to help you through and give you advice. And again, see a doctor, I cant stress this enough, there are taper drugs to help ease the withdrawls!!!!
Meanwhile, keep posting and reading here!!!! This place has saved my life! So much info. and support!!!!! Stay strong, you CAN do this!!!!!!
Liss