Thread: hope (i hope)
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 10:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
oreowing

hope (i hope)

hello, and hope that we all become friends here. i am a new member(as new as it gets) and im starting a new thread to seek help for my addiction. i lived in las vegas for 23 years, and in 1998, was sent to the hospital with a serious siatic nerve condition. during the dr visit, the doctor could tell the only relief i could get, was lying on my left side. ( i looked pretty silly in the waiting room on the floor). when i was looked over and the dr determined that the best course of action was a shot of demerol, which i did not want, but was talked into by my girlfriend at the time. i was prescribed soma and vicodin and to be honest i didnt want these either, for i had always been afraid of drugs legal or not. im still alive, but 1998 was the beginning of a slow death for me. i found out very quickly how much i enjoyed the way the meds made me feel. after about 2 weeks, i got better with the sciatica and finised all my meds. it was to late, for as i said, the opiate pills give me a strength that ive never had before. (not a physical strength, but a mental strength). i found out really quickly that i could not function in the a.m. unless i had pills, so i started buying them illegally. (blue footballs or little green meanies) im sure alot of you know where im coming from. long story short, i went from someone that was afraid of drugs to someone who would be on the phone constantly setting up deals. after reading some of these stories, i just cant believe it. 30 to 40 pills a day? i cant even imagine that and if thats the next road, i want to seek help now. this is a contious effort on my part, and i am seeking help from anyone and everyone that feels they can help in there expiriances and there road to recovery. i am taking 8 to 13 7.5 vicodine a day, every day. im not afraid to quit, for i feel in my heart of hearts, i can do this. what i am afraid of is the withdrawl. please post any and all info on your ways of dealing with witdrawl, for i think the best advice should come from those who know best. those in recovery. can you help me please. oreo