View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jen in me

that reminds me of my sis-in-law.
When they had no money (they have a lot now but her husband used to be a drug dealer and a drunk also) I used to use some of my food stamps to buy them food because I coudln't bear to know my niece had hardly anything to eat. Later on, she told me that she wanted to bring the kids and I some clothes and things but that she thought she shouldn't because then my husband would assume even less responsibility for us.
I don't think he would have noticed and I wished she just hadn't even told me. I guess she wanted credit for caring even though she didn't do anything.
Anyway- you probably shouldn't judge habitat just because MY husband is the way he is. There are a lot of nice families that work really hard for their homes. The kids and I suffering hasn't had much of an effect on him in the past anyway. I don't know. One thing I CAN be happy about is that they have nice rooms and a yard and a place to call home.
Finally something stable - a blessing to count.
Also - I know a few TRULY lazy people that asked me how to get into a house like mine. As soon as they found out all the work involved (we put in way over 400 hours) they were NOT interested. It's not some kind of handout.