View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MNGirlyGirl

Originally Posted by Candy Scratch
Alcohol is still such a bloody "fun" thing for me, in every sense of the term. Attempting to be an oenophile (sp?) and discovering stuff about different wines. Alcohol and meals. I started "theme nights" at home a while back -- let's say Japan. I made Japanese food, spoke to my kids about Japanese history and customs, encouraged all guests to speak a few words in Japanese. Hung a map. And served the kids juice and the adults Sake. I know the sake didn't "make" the meal, but it was part of the portrait. I'm still not at that place where I can say, screw it. I don't need the damned sake. It is alcoholic and I don't drink. I can't say that. I want to try it, to taste it. Sangria on my Spanish nights. Mojitos when I grill tuna with a Cuban theme.
Candy, I don't get it. If it's still so much bloody fun, why quit? I think you know better. Come on love, get back on the wagon. It took me over a year here to put together my 110 days I have now. There isn't any magic... just legal consequences for me. I don't know about tomorrow, but today I'm not going to use.
Hang in there....