View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
michski

Thumbs up

Thanks for the question... I've never asked myself why I come here and it's a lot of food for thought. Early sobriety is such a b*6ch! I know cuz I've gone thru early sobriety more times that I can remember.

Everything usually changes when you get sober. Sometimes it's dealing with the law, getting divorced, losing your kids not to mention becoming estranged from the only life you've known with other drunks/addicts. Every newcomer has a monstrously full plate on their hands and there they are, totally chemically deranged and having crap thrown at them from every direction. Usually the last thing that's on anyone's mind in early recovery is keeping it simple.

I know that if you can get through the first year of sobriety and not crumble with all the roller coaster emotions and sometimes vital changes in your life you will come through the other side shining! The gratitude I have for other's who have helped me move into a stable & grateful life while also helping me LEARN how to make good choices for myself is unfathonable. I give it back and I'll never forget that life for this drunk/addict is the possessing the willingness to do the next right thing! I can't be stingy with sharing the map to my happiness, I share it whenever what I have learned in my own personal journey is appropriate.