View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
feelingalone

I cut my hair...

Wow...how empowering was that. I've always had long hair and my AH (in the sober times) has always said how much he loved my long hair and would absolutely hate if I cut it. I have wanted to go shorter for some time now, but never wanted to "disappoint" him. Yesterday, my birthday, I did what I wanted. It's my head, my hair, my look. The winds of change are blowing....

This has been a tremendously BAD week. Mulitple drunken bouts in a single day....ugh....anyway, like I said yesterday was my birthday, and guess what...not even a "Happy Birthday" from him. This is an all new low - even for him.

I feel gutsy...something I haven't felt for a while. The book, Codependant No More has clearly helped some, even though I've only read a small portion of it. Even though I'm not ACTING on life-altering decisions, I am becoming more and more comfortable with the boundaries I've set - my timeline, my limits.

I just pray I can stick to my guns and feel as empowered tomorrow as I do today. Baby steps....baby steps....but they are still steps....

fa