Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 06:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
kali ma

Thanks to all of you who left responses. I think that what triggered it was the book that I finished. It was emotionally draining...the ups, the downs, the dissappointment. I think I get so emptionally involved with my books, that I feel like I am right there (I know...I'm a book dork.) I just felt so drained after I was done that I felt that I needed a drink. I usually go for a bike ride, but it was too hot. I planned my trip that I am taking this coming weekend, played with my cats, got some really good takeout, and watched a political debate that I have been wanting to see...and it was gone. I am just incredibly worried that when something does happen that upsets me (except for a fictional book) I may lose it. I still haven't gone to AA...I'm wicked stubborn. I am so glad that I didn't have my Stoli. I am still struggling with trying to swallow the fact that I am an alcoholic, and that I can never drink again. I started off trying to be sober for 6 months (Dec 14th couldn't have looked better.) Now that I know that I can never drink again, I truly feel like I am mourning the death of my best friend.