View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nice2nou

When it's both of you

Hi Everyone,
I really need some advise right now!! Both me and my husband are alcoholics. We started out drinking on Saturday nights and then it progressed to every night. I have tried many times to quit and each time I do he will bring me a new bottle of rum and say after this I won't buy you more. I have never bough my own bottles. The day never comes! I always try to talk with him about our problem and he will never respond. He is not a talker and we are like roommates now. No sex, no going anywhere at night after 7pm. It is all about going to work getting home and drinking. This has went on now for over 6 years. I have a plan and want to make sure I'm not crazy or being cruel. BTW, we have one daughter who is now 10 and I have never discussed this problem with her until yesterday. She has never seen us fight so I sat her down and explained what we were going to do. Thank God she is OK with my plan. I found a job in another city and have saved enough money to get stared. I will not tell my husband I am leaving either. I feel as long as we are together we will continue to feed off each other and neither one of us will change. I have no one to talk with right now and I hope someone will help me.
Thank you very much.