View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
equus

Don W,

I can only speak for myself but what I would love most is for you to take part here. 'Secular' covers a ton of stuff from advice on dealing with conflict in relationships to research into the biology of the brain!!

I know for me it feels like a safe place because I'm quite careful how I deal with being an aitheist in other parts of the forum. I still go there, I still take part (ehem-just look at the post count!!), but I end up trying to be so very careful and yet not paint a false impression either. Here it's different - I can be who I am and know it is the right place for that - just as there are whole forums on SR to discuss faith.

I guess it makes me feel safe too knowing that just as I wouldn't barge into 'Christians in Recovery' with a ton of argument for aitheism, it's also expected here that the same respect is shown for our beliefs ('cos we have lots of them I think).

I hope more than anything this place can be a useful addition for you too. A bit like I love having my own house but I also stubbornly refuse to have the door locked or for my friends not to have keys for if I'm out. It may seem a very funny way of living to some but it matters to me and makes me happy. It's still our house, our home, no booze, no racism, no bullying but I like for it to be open.