View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 06:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Grasshopper

Don,i just wanted to add if i may.I saw a show a few years back,,and the girl that was running down the road,with no clothes,was on it.Also was the man,who flew over the area,and let the bombs go down,thinking as he said,that there were no people,in that area.This was what they were told,only to find,that there were lots of folks,living in that area.Now many years later,both the man,and the girl,who is a grown women were both on this talk show.Don,she said,that she has forgiven him.She told him what her life is like today.Going to school,she,s healthy,happy.And she could see that he had not forgiven himself.And she asked him to.She said its over,all of it.All the regrets,of Vietnam,we will learn from them.Can change nothing about what has happened.We learn.She told him to go on with life.And again she told him,that she forgave him.And that she will pray for him.Im from the ole school.I remember Vietnam.All the country were encourging the troops to go there to war,.Thats why you were there.People forgot ,when you came back,that they sent you there.,with all their name-calling.You didnt go on your own free will.Right/wrong,we cant change the past.The girl is living an effective,relativiely happy life today.Surrender all your pain to God.Let God heal,you.
my prayers are with you,.