View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
megamysterioso
One brief hour...

Thanks so much for the advice everyone. I will file a complaint with the Dept. of Labor if that it what I must do. ICU- you bring up a good point. Yes, taxes are withheld from my commission checks. I just need to see the actual check and then go over how the total was figured with the payroll manager to make sure I'm not being shorted a penny. If they are short (which I'm pretty sure they are regardless of the tax liability), they will need to justify why they are short. There is a couple of scenarios I've thought of which would be reasonable and I would accept those. I just want to make sure that they are not trying to shaft me any more than they already have!

They are a VERY frugal company and will pay as little as they possibly can to anyone if they think they can get away with it. One thing I'm concerned about from the legal aspect is that we have absolutely no agreement in writing as to the amount of my commission. The company is a very small family run business and therefore, our agreement was verbal that I would get 20% of profits. So far on every other check the numbers add up so I never brought up getting the figure in writing (my bad right?). I wonder if the previous checks could stand as "proof" somehow.