View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
megamysterioso
One brief hour...

Talking Motel 6 & Job Seeking

Teehee- I decided that my ex-employer could wait until Monday to get the laptop back. Of course I informed them first and they were fine with it (they're withholding my checks until I drop it off anyhow so they don't care). I'm hunkered down now in Motel 6 with the cat and am using this entire weekend to avidly search for jobs on my local jobsite and monster.com. I've already applied for at least 15 jobs and there are a lot of very promising things out there for which I qualify. Leave it to me to not waste any time! Once I get obsessive about something, I cannot be stopped!

All is going very well considering my circumstances. I am looking forward to this new place, new job, new life . I do not miss AH and maybe this was HP's way of distracting my mind away from all that. I don't think I'd be one to sit around and pine over it, BUUUTTT-- at least I have MY immediate needs that are taking up all my thoughts and energy. That's not a bad thing.

Ok- I did the math on this "final" commission check that my employer says he owes me and it is about $1100 short according to MY computations. I will kindly ask to be shown HOW in the world he came up with that number tomorrow. If the company cannot justify it, I will NOT lay down like a dog and let them jip me out of what I'm owed. I will not only be searching for jobs today, but I'll also be checking into GA state labor laws to see what if any case I have if they do not comply. The problem is $$ for an attorney tho and my company knows it which is probably why they have the gall to do this in the first place.

I'm off to go buy a nice suit for interviews now. Since all my nice clothes are buried in storage, my mother pointed out to me on the phone that this is a perfect time to shop . I hope all is well with everyone and keep on keepin' on.