View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Truffles

First Time on Site -

Hi,

I just found this site, I just need some advice. Here is the story.

My husband has been drinking and doing coke for over a year. In Dec. he went to the hospital 3 days and seemed to stop for awhile. During this time he was involved with another woman. He said he liked the wildness with her with the drinking and drugs. I'm not sure what feeds what the drinking and then the drugs or the other way around.

The begining of the month he got into an accident and received tickets and a DUI - he told me he was done, over with her, the drugs and drinking. Granted I have heard this before. But he said this was his rock bottom. He also lost his job, for not showing up.

The month was going good, he seemed so much better, refused to go for any treatment. Well the other night I find out he was doing drugs and drinking again. He knows he doesn't have it in him to just turn it off. I told his because he is and addict and an alcholic. He said he relapsed and that was it, well it happend again on Mon. and then last night he went out and didn't come home.

We were seeing a therapist together but he doesn't want to go anymore. She has told me to go to an Al-Anon meeting.

I just can't beleive I am going thru all of this again - will Al-Anon help even with him being involved with drugs? What do I say to him when I see him? I have said to him what is his rock bottom - when he kills someone!

Thanks for listening - I just feel sick to my stomach that I am going thru this again. Why is it so hard to tell him to leave?