Thread: Falling
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GettingBy

I don't know why i posted.
I do... because you know something is not right... and you're reaching out to take care of you! That to me is a very good sign!

What do you enjoy? A 15 minute quiet walk? A warm batch of chocolate chip cookies? A manicure? A nap on the couch? A new outfit or pair of shoes? No matter how big or small... do something JUST FOR YOU today. Do it because you WANT it. Do it because it will make you happy, even if only for a few minutes. Make your wants a priority.

I think we as codependents spend so much time worry about everyone else and their happiness, that we completely forget how to make ourselves happy and how to take care of ourselves. We put our own wants on the back-burner so often, that we really begin to believe that we don't deserve those things.

Well guess what????? We're wrong! We deserve to treat ourselves to the "good stuff." We deserve to be rewarded for our hard work. We deserve a break... a chance to unwind, let our hair down and relax. And ya know what? I for one, am not going to wait around for anyone to give me that chance anymore. I'm going to give it to myself whenever I damn well feel like it! I want to be happy so I'm going to take responsibility for it.

What do you think?