Falling

Old 06-28-2006, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Falling

I'm in bad shape, any suggestions, I have been to alanon, therapy ect, I have great friends and family. I find myself isolating myself from them. Can'tseem to stop feeling sorry for myself. I don't want to be like this. I still feel like I don't want to wake up EVER. I need help I know, I just can't bring myself to do anything about it, stupid? Yes I know. I have so much yet 'm tired,so tired........................
Old 06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Hi Kermit -- I'm sorry you're having a bad day. When was the last time you visited your Medical Doctor? Are you on any meds?

I suffer from depression and anxiety. I am on meds but I too feel tired all the time.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe you're depressed. Have you seen a doctor?

L
Old 06-28-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I take prozac, it's not helping. Life really isn't that bad really. I just have been down in this slump for to long, and I can't firgure out what the hell. I have to get out of this rut & I will I know it. I don't know why i posted.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Feelings are not Stupid - They are what they are feelings - sometimes they are indicators of things in our lives that need attention. There maybe some depression, physical problems like thyriod issues, have you seen your family physician?
If I feel down for a day or so, it may be normal feelings, but if it last longer than that there maybe some other contributing factors.
Don't discount your feelings - they maybe telling you that you need medical care or some special pampering.
Hope that you are able to find out what you need to feel better soon,
Hugs to you,
Rita
Old 06-28-2006, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Listen to Rita, Kermit. Don't discount your feelings. I've been feeling the same way lately. I went back to my doctor (MD) and he upped my meds. How long have you been on the Prozac? How long since your last Dr. visit?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Dr? I feel werid going, but okay , I'll call today. I'll try anything. I do suffer from Lupus but have been in remission for sometime now, maybe with all the stress it could be resurfecing, Thanks eberyone, I didn't even think of that. I'm stupider then I thought.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't know why i posted.
I do... because you know something is not right... and you're reaching out to take care of you! That to me is a very good sign!

What do you enjoy? A 15 minute quiet walk? A warm batch of chocolate chip cookies? A manicure? A nap on the couch? A new outfit or pair of shoes? No matter how big or small... do something JUST FOR YOU today. Do it because you WANT it. Do it because it will make you happy, even if only for a few minutes. Make your wants a priority.

I think we as codependents spend so much time worry about everyone else and their happiness, that we completely forget how to make ourselves happy and how to take care of ourselves. We put our own wants on the back-burner so often, that we really begin to believe that we don't deserve those things.

Well guess what????? We're wrong! We deserve to treat ourselves to the "good stuff." We deserve to be rewarded for our hard work. We deserve a break... a chance to unwind, let our hair down and relax. And ya know what? I for one, am not going to wait around for anyone to give me that chance anymore. I'm going to give it to myself whenever I damn well feel like it! I want to be happy so I'm going to take responsibility for it.

What do you think?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I like what GettingBy posted..

Sometimes we have to push ourselves to get better..

Remember you always have choices..

Have you thought about volunteering? Helps to get out of your head and see others who have worse problems then yourself.

How about a graitude list? What today in your life are you appreciative for?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ICU

Sounds like depression to me.

I suffer from bouts of that too, generally when I've been battling issues, or rather, not dealing with issues for a period of time. They all seem to take their toll on me as I continued to push them deeper and deeper inside. I isolated a lot too! Still do to a certain degree. But, I also know that I require much longer periods of solitude than most people I know. That's just me!

Sometimes you really do have to force yourself to do something, anything constructive for yourself. You get to choose what that is. Even if it's just for 5 minutes or so.

One of the things that got me going was redecorating my apt. (on a budget) after my ex left. I made it more of my style. I painted furniture, rearranged the furniture, bought plants and nice pottery, pillows etc. Sometimes just going out to the store for the paint or for decorating ideas was helpful. It got me out into the fresh air, interacting with other people, and for those periods of time, I didn't feel tired. I was actually energized.

When I stopped doing those things, at times, the depression and fatigue would reappear. But I learned how to 'put it on the shelf' temporarily at least by keeping busy with something that interested me. Over a period of time, I worked up to tackling the issues that were bothering me. Again, a little at a time.

You need to find something that interests you. Start out small, for short periods of time, and go from there.

Be sure you get your rest, eat well, take vitamins, drink plenty of water too. These are things that are easy to do, and do make a difference.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Kermit))) I feel just the same...I am sorry you are feeling this way. I do have some times lately for an hour of two that are good...it keeps me going. Don't give up..
Old 06-28-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Keep us posted Kermit!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

You all are very helpful. Picka-I won't give up, thanks.. ICU I'll try and figure something to do, I just don't know what it is.Gettingby, thanks.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I really do know how you feel -- I've been going through the same thing over the last few months. Everyday I have a small bout of sadness, depression, etc. I never know why, it just comes and I get sooooo tired. I just can't get enough sleep. Then when I do go the doctor I feel sort of stupid. Like, will he believe me......blah blah blah. I'm just telling you this because I want you to know I truely know how you're feeling. People want to know "Why are you sad?" Well, he!! I don't know! If I did, may be I could fix it. It's just very frustrating.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

No kiding Paper, all the Dr is going to tell me is that I'm over stressed. No **** sherlock! Anyway Life will get better, this I know I just wish it would be sooner than later.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My doctor has been a very important part of my recovery. I have a standing appointment once a month.

You say "I have been to" Al-Anon the therapy. Do you still go?
Old 06-29-2006, 05:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Anyway Life will get better, this I know I just wish it would be sooner than later.
Yes, yes it will get better. One step at a time.

Do you know how you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time!

yeah, eating a whole elephant seems so undaunting... but one bite? Not so bad, eh? One bite, and then another bite... and eventually that big ole elephant is gone.

Hang in there Kermit. We've all been there, and we do understand. I know for me, sometimes it was simply forcing myself to get out of bed and just take a shower. I would still end up back on the couch, but at least I was clean and didn't feel so grimey. It took LOTS of baby steps, but I eventually got to the point where I could look out the window and see and appreciate all the good that was around me.

Thinking of you... and hoping today brings you joy.
Shannon
Old 06-29-2006, 08:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Last night I took the kids and the dog to the park, it was fun today I'm going to see my friend who just moved into her new home. My interview didn't go well, but I guess thats my higher power for ya. The drive was a hour in no traffic!Yuck! I would never see my kids. School starts in Aug and I'm excited about that. I'll start on my elephant today..Thanks
Old 06-29-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Hey Kermit,
Have notice in a few post that you say a few things to yourself like "stupid or I'm stupidier that I thought" - just a suggestion for me in doing my 4th Step I learned that growing up in an alcoholic home those negative words were very harmful to me. I had continued to say those harmful words to me as an adult.
I called myself - fat, stupid, ugly, dumba**, idiot, on and on and on, no wonder I had such low self-esteem. So my sponsor suggested to try to not do this so much. To allow myself to be human. If I made a mistake, like forget to start the dishwasher, was I really a dumba**, or did I was I just human and make a mistake. If I got lost going somewhere, was I stupid or I was misinformed on directions. Being a little kinder with myself has been the best thing I could do for me.
It has also helped me be kinder with family, co-workers, and mankind. It makes me a better person.
So be more forgiving with your self.
Just my E, S & H,
Rita
Old 06-29-2006, 12:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I tried to leave a message here earlier and my computer completely froze up. I just wanted to say you're not alone. My mother was in and out of psychiatric hospitals her whole life for depression and I've always been afraid that I'd be like her so I've imposed a rule allowing myself the ocassional day to wallow but then insisting on following it up with a day of enthusiasm whether I like it or not. It works pretty well for me. I've just recently come to the conclusion that the depression I do experience stems from the overwhelming anxiety I experience... it can be so emotionally exhausting. Frankly, all the drama in my life doesn't create all that much more anxiety than I usually have. I may give in and try meds someday. I think I may be the only one I know not taking meds. I don't know why I am so resistant. Probably a control issue.