View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 02:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
rockinsupergirl

Wow...Sounds like an awful lot of drama. Reminds me of myself.
Remember all you can do is pray for Aaron and all the rest of the alcoholics who still suffer, and wait for him to be ready. You can't MAKE him get sober, and doing his homework was just enabling him to "get away with" drinking/using more. I know your intentions were good, as mine were when I went searching in bars for my friend tonight, but it got us nowhere.. I helped him get to meetings a couple weeks ago, and got him in touch with a guy who runs a sober living home. He didn't last, because he wasn't ready. And to be perfectly honest, my 12 stepping him turned into a "13th step", in that we are attracted to one another, which never works when someone like him is as sick as he is (not to mention how sick Iam for yearning so badly for attention that I went for it). It makes me very sad that, as a chronic alcoholic and heroin user with hepatitis, my friend may never return, and could die with a needle in his arm. However, I cannot be God, cannot control the outcome. I just have to remember that all I can do is keep him in my thoughts and prayers, and hope that he eventually "gets it".
Try for now to take care of Stacey, and let your higher power take care of the rest...that's what Iam trying to do, too.