Old 06-08-2006, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by TINYT
My boyfriend recently moved in with me. He loves his cocaine. In the past I have participated, but not to the extent of his abuse. It is very bad and now that he is living with me, I no longer want to partake, at all. I have no way of getting it, nor do I seek it out, but I am afraid he will bring it around me. What do I do when/or if he does? Do I lock the door, do I just let him do his thing and try to keep myself healthy? I love him, but it seems futile....do I try Naranon meetings? I am trying to keep myself sane living with an addict that doesn't think that 1x or 2x a week can make him an addict. I only want to live with him if he stops, but it's too late b/c he's in my place....any advice out there. HELP.....
First off I would like to welcome you to SR and we are glad that you are here. My name is Vic and I am an addict! Hell I love cocaine also, meth, shrums, WDYG, the only thing is they don't like me anymore, I am allergic to any kind of mood-altering, mind changing chemicals. It says in our NA literature,
We are not interested in what or how much you used or who your connections were, what you have done in the past, how much or how little you have, but only in what you want to do about your problem and how we can help. The newcomer is the most important person at any meeting, because we can only keep what we have by giving it away. We have learned from our group experience that those who keep coming to our meetings regularly stay clean.
Also we are responsible for our own actions. He is not at fault for you using, nor are you at fault for him not wanting to quit or use or whatever the case may be. We only have to keep our own side clean. No advice, hope you get the answers that you are seeking.

Love Vic