View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
23girl

Originally Posted by denny57
Welcome 23grl

Yes, you are definitely in the right place. Lots of good advice already given. Keep posting. It will help you to get some of this out after dealing with it by yourself for so long. Everyone here understands the pain you are in. It is very difficult to love an alcoholic and watch them slowly destroy themselves.

I'm not sure I understood something in your thread - have you taken her many times to a treatment center?
Yes, unfortunately, I have taken her 4 times. She is really into it while she is there, but as soon as she gets home, she thinks she is fine to "just have one"... which now, leads to days and days of drinking!

I just don't know how to detach... she is still my mother and a wonderful person when not drinking... but, it's like a jeckyl and hyde w/ her... everyday is up in the air and so unstable that i never know what I will find when I call her.

She is also really involved and loving to my 3 y/o son, when she is sober, but I have seen how bad she gets when drinking, and I almost don't want her around my kids even when she is sober, b/c I have seen how awful and sick she gets and how when she is drinking, she makes very poor decisions!