View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 02:32 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Digits101010
Digitally Remastered

Re: Wow, what a great topic

Originally posted by justaround
]Digits I have used the same technique as you for quiet some time now. AA with techniques used by Rational Recovery. I don't need to, but want to keep going to meetings because they remind me of what I have and keep me on track. They keep me informed. I do sober things with other people in the program. It all works. I also read the Big Book daily for it has some very good information and stories in which I can read over in times of need. It doesn't let me down. Having a sponsor is also a great help. The higher power...well I have my opinions over that subject. Rational Recovery teaches me the mental techniques to put into use during time of need. It teaches many useful tricks. This combination keeps me sober and there isn't much more I could ask for. I guess whatever works
I appreciate your saying that Jordan. Appreciate your just saying it and helping me to not feel so alone to find someone else in the program of AA who does it. {Believe it or not, you're the first person I've met who's claimed to me they do it as well.} I agree... whatever works and it works for me. Thanks again for the affirmation.

Yours in recovery,
Digits