View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FriendInNeed

Originally Posted by earlybird
AA is for people who are ready to deal with their addictions. For those who admit they may have a problem. Interventions are designed to get them to that point. Why have you decided against an intervention? It may be the only shot you have. Why NOT try it? What do you have to lose?
Thanks Earlybird for your replies, i really do appreciate it. I understand what ur saying about intervention methods but haven't decided against intervention. I had a look at the A&E "Intervention" website as i dont get the channel and i think intervention is a good idea. However i noticed that it mentioned that if they choose to get better they get the chance to go in to a therapy clinic straight away. What would happen if we tried this idea of intervention and basically left her rotting in her house afterwards with no therapy, i think thats a major problem here where we live, theres not alot of help available.

What have i got to lose? my friend! although she is practically lost to drink, i know she is in there somewhere. However, if she is pushed lower,myself and her parents are afraid she will eventually succeed where previous suicide attempts have failed. If she can't fight her way back for the sake of her kids ( they went to live with her mum about 2 weeks ago) then she isnt going to get better on the grounds that myself and her parents are fed up carrying her up the stairs/toilet etc.

We are no longer tidying up the house, doing dishes, washing her sick up, she is being left to do it herself, all we are doing is visiting her to make sure she is alive basically. I sat with her for hours today and did manage to get a conversation going and she interacted with me quite well, and we spent the evening with friends round at her mums which she hasnt done in a long time.She seemed to enjoy herself. However i know she has a couple of cans to drink now she is home, which is really disappointing. Even when she seems to have a good day/night she still seems to resort to drink altho she tells us she only drinks because she is depressed, all excuses i know.
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to offer me help,support and advice. I really do appreciate it.