View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 07:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
2dayzmuse
Paused

What a strange Mother's day. I spent the day alone. It really wasn't as bad as it sounds. Yesterday my sister's and I spent the day over at my Mother's helping her move. She must be out of her house in June and we were helping her move furniture and heavy items into storage. My son came over to help, so in a sense, we had our Mother's day yesterday.

My daughter is being a very large pill and continues to act like a unreasonable teen. I tried to call her several days in a row and she failed to return my calls. In return, she missed out on our family day. She called me at 9:00 PM last night wanting to know what we planned for today, nothing. We had no plans for today. She was snotty and typical and ended up spewing Happy Mother's day sarcastically and hanging up. She didn't like my line of questioning of her bad behavior I have been hearing about, so that was her way of dealing with it. Children are a blessed thing. I hope she snaps out of her mode soon. She has a long was to go to get past her rebellion, defiance and poor choices.

I enjoyed the day relaxing and getting some necessary errands done. I had an opportunity to go to dinner with friends, but preferred staying at home and relaxing. I don't know if I am isolating or if it is warranted. I'm a little sore from the heavy lifting yesterday. I say it was a well deserved day of relaxation. Tomorrow is another day...not quitting.