View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NoMoBeer

Oh boy... I'm SO very sorry for where you are at right now. I do hope you feel better.

I'm sure I'll get pounced on for continuing to promote AA -- but what did you do in AA for 9 months? If you just went to meetings and didn't drink, that makes a nice start but it won't let you recover. To sound like a real AA fart, I have to say "the elevator to sobriety is out of order, you must take the steps."

Sorry for the cliche, but it's true. In my belief, the steps must be done in order, to completion so that we can realize Step 12 -- having that spiritual awakening, which simply put is just a change in thinking....

Yes, I would also consider therapy as well. Ask around the rooms to find a therapist familiar with the 12 steps. Remember, "rarely have we seen a person fail who has throroughly followed our path..." Maybe you need some help and guidance along the path...

You KNOW that drinking won't make any of this better, only worse. And once you go back out there you only have 2 options -- detoxing again, or death. Neither one much fun.... Please remember not what drinking did for you, but what drinking did to you...

God bless you and take it one day at a time...

Ken