Old 05-12-2006, 10:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ASpouse

Jazz, I love that your heart is silently curious and I think that is OK. My heart would be exactly the same way.

I also like Mike's advice about option 4. I think you should process this information about M and then get busy doing something you enjoy? Your music, your painting, your dog .... anything to help keep your mind busy and active.

Everyone is different. Mr. Judy and I never divorced this last time he screwed up. The bottom line was, I would not walk away. Perhaps if I did things would be different, but I don't look at the what if's.

M only has 2 weeks recovery and you don't know if she'll call you. If she is working the program correctly and with a sponsor she won't call anyone for a soft landing, she already found one in AA, if she continues with it.

So my advice to you is not to dwell on this too much, accept it for what it is and continue on with your life as you do now. Maybe you'll hear from M, maybe you won't, but you sure as hell can't sit around waiting for contact from her. So, if you need to dwell on it for a day or so (or less) then do so with the intent of understanding it in a way that makes you comfortable. After that, well nothing but blue skies and happy days ahead for you and yours!