View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lyn_blossom78

I'm soooooo happy!

OK, a lot of you know my story, so you know I've been crying on your shoulder for some time. Squinty has continued to drink, never owning up to having any kind of problem, and it's all my fault--you've heard it all. He has NEVER said he was sorry. Getting worse, and occassionally better for a time--but I've been learning to work on me, so I'm dealing with it lots better.

Well, last night, he started getting obnoxious, because he was really drunk. Unfortunately, my daughter's boyfried was here, and was a witness to his obnoxiousness. Well, to make a long story short, I ended up telling him as nicely as I could (while everyone was in a different room and couldn't hear) that he needed to go to bed now, because he was drunk and making a fool of himself. Well, he got about a foot from my face and said, "I've been waiting to say this for a long time---I may be drunk, but I will wake up tomorrow sober, and you will still be fat and stupid.

Well, he went to bed, and I fluffed it off the best I could, realizing he only said it because he was drunk, but still hurting--you know.

Well, 3 of my daughters left at 4:30 a.m. to go to VA Beach for 4 days, so the only ones left at home are my (tomorrow) 20 year old daughter who is handicapped, and my 13 year old son. So, I got up and got my daughter off to work, and woke my son up and took him to breakfast. I didn't want anyone in the house when Squinty got up.

Then my son and I went to work (family owned business, and my son mows, etc.). Squinty was there--really chipper. Finally when my son went out to work, he started with--I want to talk about last night. I feel really bad about what I said, and I want to apologize! Wow! Was I floored!

We spent the next 1-1/2 hours talking about his problem, which he now admits he has, and he said he is quitting drinking. Now he admits it may not be forever (if a party comes up, or whatever), but for now, he's quitting drinking--because he knows he has a problem! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. We talked about the way he has hurt me and the kids, the way he reacts to trials, everything. I even told him I've been coming here and talking, and he was really accepting of everything I had to say. I mean everything.

Just had to let you all know!

Hugs,
Lyn