View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 06:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
2many2count

Speaking of the birds....I went out last night to the garage to grab a screwdriver and level for a picture I'm hanging and the mother bird went crazy flapping her wings and flying in a circle. I nearly fainted. When I found the nest I had decided to use the front steps instead of the side steps so I wouldn't scare her off. Not thinking I used the side steps and obviously she was pretty ticked. My children and I looked up the type of bird yesterday on a website specifically for birds in NC. We have a White Winged Dove. She is tan with white on the tips of her wings. I found out that they are in the same family as the pigeon. The kids really enjoyed looking her up. I think we looked through 100 or more pictures before we found her. If I can get my oldest daughter(14)to take a picture of her, I'll post it.

Yesterday afternoon we planted some butterbeans that had soaked overnight and I was thinking of transplanting the lettuce and spinach I had started in a few pots. They are now pretty big and need more space. Looks like rain today and tomorrow so I'll wait 'til Sunday.

mega~ thanks for the advice with the tomato plants. I have 8 plants already planted in the garden. I also have some marigolds planted in a pot on my porch. Maybe I should plant them with the tomatoes.

FD~ I can't hardly wait until the egg hatches. She'll probably be more protective after the egg hatches, huh? What will I do if we have company and they walk up the side steps???

denny~ I've always wanted to see the japanese tomato. They say the tomatoes are medium,pear shaped and they are a blackish color. You take care of them just the same. Send a picture if they bear black fruit!! My curiosity is killing me.

Have a great day, y'all!!!
2many