Old 04-22-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sweetgrace

(Long at this wrote..) In order for him to see change in you and have awareness of what is going on he would have to have insight. He would have to take the time and energy to evalute the situation. Most alcoholic's don't have that ability. They hear what they want to hear and believe what they believe. Its just easier for them to process life that way.
He doesn't complain about anything I am doing now. Every point he belabors is in the past. He says he doesn't believe I've changed, but can't offer up one single example of anything that has taken place in the past year. There simply aren't any. Long at this, I think you hit the nail on the head - dead on. Even if he were sober (he's not) and doing this, I am at my wits end. If you say you want your marriage to work (he says this), then you have to do more than pay lip service to it. And one way to do so is to genuinely take a leap of faith when it comes to your spouse. Living in the past and daily spewing negativity does nothing to move you forward. Whew, sorry. Had to get that off my chest.