View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TexasGirl

The inevitable happened

I knew it was a matter of if, not when. When came late April 15th.

*sigh*

My AH just got his 3rd DWI last night/early this morning. Three makes a felony offense. Three means he loses his drivers license for a year. Three means this time he definitely will have to have a deep-lung air device installed on his car. Three means more than likely a jail sentence. Three means he won't be able to work at his job anymore. Three means his life is forever changed.

I know this isn't my doing or my problem to deal with, but I can't help being so upset about it all. I don't want to go through all of this again.

I mentioned he won't be able to work at his job anymore. I think I've said before that he's in sales, but specifically home sales. He can't take clients out to look at property for the year without his license, and even after that year, because of the device on his car, he won't be able to then either. Can you imagine, "OK, people who are going to be buying a $500,000 house...hang on a sec while I blow into this device to start my car." Yeah. Great. One created the other, but I hate that they do happen together...this is the time that we need the money he makes...fines, lawyers, the whole nine yards.

He's been crying and laying in bed all day, depressed. Saying maybe we should sell the house and move to where my job is. Then of all things, while we were watching TV, he asked if I would bring him a beer. I went off. Not yelling and mad, but incredulously freaking out. "This still isn't enough? You still don't freakin' see what drinking is doing to your life? This situation could be the best thing that's happened to us if you can grow from it and get your sh*# together. Get over your stupid embarassment to go to AA. It's not that big of a freakin' deal!" On, and on, and on. Talk about an eye opener for me. I just can't believe that he still doesn't get it.

So he said he'd start AA meetings...later...if we move. Great. I'm thinkin' I've heard that before. Doesn't that sound familiar?

I told him 1 beer equals me leaving. Period.
I swear, I mean it.
Guess I just wanted to vent a bit to some people who would understand...