View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
OnceNice

Sheryl thank you for your post. I do understand the concept of tough love. Don't get me wrong. I don't know. Sometimes its seems like kicking the guy when he's already down.

Your example of a child running into the street is not a disease. It is a learning technique. You are teaching the child a lesson.

Now lets say a young man in a wheel chair was wounded in Vietnam. He returns home. His mind is screwed up, his body is screwed up. Do you give him a month or two before you tell him to get over it. And find someithing else. Are do we feel him or her out. See what it is that they are truly looking for, truly scared of. That's kinda what I"m talking about. There are strong people and weak people. I'm not strong at all. That's why I'm so terrified of this disease. I know that those of you who have made it are strong. That's why this scares me so. If you have read my other posts, I just drink alone in my house and stay out of everyones way. Most people don't even know I exists. I don't know. The weak ones are the ones who die right?

Maybe you can tell me. Do I need tough love. Aren't we already tough on ourselves.
Did you all analyze things like this in your early stages of trying to quit.

Am I making any sense at all.